Jul 8, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
Randy Foye, who was let walk from the Washington Wizards, may be backing up Baron Davis for the Clippers next season.
Foye is expected to soon reach a deal with Los Angeles, according to Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.
Backup point guard was a position the Clippers needed to fill after letting Steve Blake go down the hall at Staples Center to the Lakers. Foye (like Davis) is a scoring point. Except, while Davis can score with the best of them — when the mood hits him and Venus aligns with Mars — Foye is not a great scorer. He shot 41.9 percent last season with a true shooting percentage of 51.6 percent (think of TS% like points per shot attempt). Both are just a little below the league average.
What the Clippers really need is an attacking wing player, but Foye will not be that for Vinny Del Negro. Last year, Foye shot a little worse when playing the two guard role, but more importantly he got torched on defense — opposing twos shot 53 percent (eFG%) against him. It just wasn’t pretty.
No financial terms have leaked yet.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7