Jul 8, 2010, 8:15 PM EST
The Associated Press is reporting that Mel Turpin was found dead in his Lexington, Kentucky home on Thursday. The reported cause of Turpin’s death was suicide. Turpin was 49 years old.
Turpin was a star at Kentucky, and was taken 6th overall in the legendary 1984 NBA draft. In five seasons with the Cavaliers, Jazz, and Washington Bullets, Turpin averaged 8.5 points and 4.6 rebounds per game.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 16
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld