Jul 8, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that Mel Turpin was found dead in his Lexington, Kentucky home on Thursday. The reported cause of Turpin’s death was suicide. Turpin was 49 years old.
Turpin was a star at Kentucky, and was taken 6th overall in the legendary 1984 NBA draft. In five seasons with the Cavaliers, Jazz, and Washington Bullets, Turpin averaged 8.5 points and 4.6 rebounds per game.
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 12
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 4
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 23
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld