Jul 8, 2010, 8:15 PM EST
The Associated Press is reporting that Mel Turpin was found dead in his Lexington, Kentucky home on Thursday. The reported cause of Turpin’s death was suicide. Turpin was 49 years old.
Turpin was a star at Kentucky, and was taken 6th overall in the legendary 1984 NBA draft. In five seasons with the Cavaliers, Jazz, and Washington Bullets, Turpin averaged 8.5 points and 4.6 rebounds per game.
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 0
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 6
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld