Jul 8, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Apparently they have annoying morning shows in Poland, too. Like the one roughly translated as “Coffee or Tea Center”
But on that this morning, Magic backup center Martin Gortat said the team has told him they plan to trade him in the near future.
Today I received news that the chances are that I would be traded to another club – said the basketball player. Asked whether the club is unable to guarantee him a place in the starting composition, Gortat just smiled mysteriously.
I love it when Gortat smiles mysteriously.
Gortat has wanted to be traded — he wants to play more and the Magic have Dwight Howard in front of him. Gortat’s good, but if you have Howard you play him all you can. The Magic have told Gortat they would move him in the right deal.
The Magic are looking to shake up their roster some after they fell in the conference semi-finals last playoffs. Gortat has value, and could bring a good player to the Magic.
But who is that player… [smiles mysteriously]
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91