Jul 8, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Apparently they have annoying morning shows in Poland, too. Like the one roughly translated as “Coffee or Tea Center”
But on that this morning, Magic backup center Martin Gortat said the team has told him they plan to trade him in the near future.
Today I received news that the chances are that I would be traded to another club – said the basketball player. Asked whether the club is unable to guarantee him a place in the starting composition, Gortat just smiled mysteriously.
I love it when Gortat smiles mysteriously.
Gortat has wanted to be traded — he wants to play more and the Magic have Dwight Howard in front of him. Gortat’s good, but if you have Howard you play him all you can. The Magic have told Gortat they would move him in the right deal.
The Magic are looking to shake up their roster some after they fell in the conference semi-finals last playoffs. Gortat has value, and could bring a good player to the Magic.
But who is that player… [smiles mysteriously]
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31