Jul 8, 2010, 1:39 PM EDT
We warned you this was coming last night, and now it has… you really need to learn to trust us.
Jermaine O’Neal has agreed to terms with the Boston Celtics, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. The deal is reportedly two years of the full mid-level exception, or nearly $12 million total.
O’Neal had a good season last year in Miami, a career high shooting percentage of nearly 53 percent and giving the Heat 13.6 points per game. His all around offensive game was better, as evidenced by a PER of 17.9, the best number he has had since his peak years early in the last decade.
This gives Boston some frontline help that they need with Kendrick Perkins out until a couple months into the season. He also gives the Celtics some depth so Kevin Garnett can have his minutes scaled back and keep his knees fresh for the playoffs.
Simply put — this made the Celtics a better team next season. And they are going for it all again, next season.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48