Jul 8, 2010, 11:30 PM EST
In response to LeBron James’ decision to join the Miami Heat next season, Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert has written a letter to fans of the Cleveland Cavaliers, which can currently be seen on the Cavaliers’ website. The tone of the letter was not pro-LeBron. Here are some excerpts:
As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment……You have given so much and deserve so much more.In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:“I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE”You can take it to the bank.Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown “chosen one” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow-up to become.But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.
To read the full article on the Cavaliers’ website, click the above link. One thing is for sure; from the folks on the streets burning jerseys to billionaires, the city of Cleveland is not happy with LeBron James right now.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 3
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 35
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 13