Jul 7, 2010, 1:07 PM EDT
The Minnesota Timberwolves already have Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions playing point guard, not to mention the rights to Ricky Rubio stuffed under their pillow. So naturally, David Kahn has done the only sensible thing a GM would do with two PGs under contract and fighting for minutes: try to go get Luke Ridnour. Good show, chap.
According to Gery Woelfel of The Journal Times, Luke Ridnour will meet with the Timberwolves today, likely to try to get himself some Darko money. Minnesota is hardly a dream situation for a PG. Rubio is supposedly the team’s long-term option at the position, but as I mentioned before, there are two point guards already fighting for minutes, and I’m sure Kahn will make a run at at least three more.
Still, if free agents are looking for a cash grab regardless of positional security, Minny could be the place. First they were interested in Rudy Gay despite drafting Wesley Johnson. Then they were interested in David Lee despite having Al Jefferson and Kevin Love on the roster and recently signing Darko Milicic and Nikola Pekovic to free agent deals. Redundancy clearly isn’t a concern of the Kahn-meister, and he’ll pay players handsomely regardless of their fit with the team or, well, talent.
So, Luke: if you’re looking to cash in this summer, enjoy Minnesota.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 6
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 18
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2