Jul 7, 2010, 7:01 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal a Spur? That may be in the Book of Revelations as one of the signs of the Apocalypse. We’ll check and get back to you.
But it may be a reality, not just a sign of the end times. According to FanHouse, Shaq had had interest from the Spurs and that is his preferred destination. Also right there are the Atlanta Hawks, who are supposed to have offered a two-year deal at the mid-level exception already.
What Shaq really wants is a two-year deal, which will have him playing until he’s 40. Part of the pitch is that the second year would be a farewell tour that leads to a lot of sold-out buildings (and some extra revenue) on the 41 road games. Well, providing there isn’t a lockout. And ignoring the distraction that would be for the rest of the team.
Shaq is not the unstoppable force he once was, but he can provide some limited, quality minutes. He’s still a big body you can bring off the bench. Teammates still love him.
But a Spur? Shaq and Tim Duncan? Just hard to get our arms around that one.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 6
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20