Jul 7, 2010, 7:01 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal a Spur? That may be in the Book of Revelations as one of the signs of the Apocalypse. We’ll check and get back to you.
But it may be a reality, not just a sign of the end times. According to FanHouse, Shaq had had interest from the Spurs and that is his preferred destination. Also right there are the Atlanta Hawks, who are supposed to have offered a two-year deal at the mid-level exception already.
What Shaq really wants is a two-year deal, which will have him playing until he’s 40. Part of the pitch is that the second year would be a farewell tour that leads to a lot of sold-out buildings (and some extra revenue) on the 41 road games. Well, providing there isn’t a lockout. And ignoring the distraction that would be for the rest of the team.
Shaq is not the unstoppable force he once was, but he can provide some limited, quality minutes. He’s still a big body you can bring off the bench. Teammates still love him.
But a Spur? Shaq and Tim Duncan? Just hard to get our arms around that one.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 3
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 1
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1