Jul 7, 2010, 7:01 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal a Spur? That may be in the Book of Revelations as one of the signs of the Apocalypse. We’ll check and get back to you.
But it may be a reality, not just a sign of the end times. According to FanHouse, Shaq had had interest from the Spurs and that is his preferred destination. Also right there are the Atlanta Hawks, who are supposed to have offered a two-year deal at the mid-level exception already.
What Shaq really wants is a two-year deal, which will have him playing until he’s 40. Part of the pitch is that the second year would be a farewell tour that leads to a lot of sold-out buildings (and some extra revenue) on the 41 road games. Well, providing there isn’t a lockout. And ignoring the distraction that would be for the rest of the team.
Shaq is not the unstoppable force he once was, but he can provide some limited, quality minutes. He’s still a big body you can bring off the bench. Teammates still love him.
But a Spur? Shaq and Tim Duncan? Just hard to get our arms around that one.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8