Jul 7, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
Just like our wars and national disasters, it didn’t take long for the LeBron James special to have its name and logo. The theme music can’t be far behind.
“The Decision” will air on ESPN and ESPN Radio starting at 9 p.m. eastern on Thursday night. The ESPN on-air team of Stuart Scott, Michael Wilbon and Jon Barry will sit around a desk and expound upon the happenings.
The announcement is expected in the first 15 minutes of the show. Then Jim Gray will get the first interview with LeBron (please ask about Pete Rose betting on baseball, please?).
LeBron will be at the Boys and Girls club in Greenwich, Connecticut for the event — because he is going to New York right after.
But not for that. Probably. He is going to Carmelo Anthony’s wedding in NYC over the weekend (which is being filmed for its own reality show, seriously). What we’re saying is don’t read much into the location.
What else could you want to know about the show? Oh, that. Sorry, we have no idea anymore.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15