Jul 7, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
Just like our wars and national disasters, it didn’t take long for the LeBron James special to have its name and logo. The theme music can’t be far behind.
“The Decision” will air on ESPN and ESPN Radio starting at 9 p.m. eastern on Thursday night. The ESPN on-air team of Stuart Scott, Michael Wilbon and Jon Barry will sit around a desk and expound upon the happenings.
The announcement is expected in the first 15 minutes of the show. Then Jim Gray will get the first interview with LeBron (please ask about Pete Rose betting on baseball, please?).
LeBron will be at the Boys and Girls club in Greenwich, Connecticut for the event — because he is going to New York right after.
But not for that. Probably. He is going to Carmelo Anthony’s wedding in NYC over the weekend (which is being filmed for its own reality show, seriously). What we’re saying is don’t read much into the location.
What else could you want to know about the show? Oh, that. Sorry, we have no idea anymore.
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 0
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 26
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 26
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23