Jul 7, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
Just like our wars and national disasters, it didn’t take long for the LeBron James special to have its name and logo. The theme music can’t be far behind.
“The Decision” will air on ESPN and ESPN Radio starting at 9 p.m. eastern on Thursday night. The ESPN on-air team of Stuart Scott, Michael Wilbon and Jon Barry will sit around a desk and expound upon the happenings.
The announcement is expected in the first 15 minutes of the show. Then Jim Gray will get the first interview with LeBron (please ask about Pete Rose betting on baseball, please?).
LeBron will be at the Boys and Girls club in Greenwich, Connecticut for the event — because he is going to New York right after.
But not for that. Probably. He is going to Carmelo Anthony’s wedding in NYC over the weekend (which is being filmed for its own reality show, seriously). What we’re saying is don’t read much into the location.
What else could you want to know about the show? Oh, that. Sorry, we have no idea anymore.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 16
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 18
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4