Jul 7, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
Just like our wars and national disasters, it didn’t take long for the LeBron James special to have its name and logo. The theme music can’t be far behind.
“The Decision” will air on ESPN and ESPN Radio starting at 9 p.m. eastern on Thursday night. The ESPN on-air team of Stuart Scott, Michael Wilbon and Jon Barry will sit around a desk and expound upon the happenings.
The announcement is expected in the first 15 minutes of the show. Then Jim Gray will get the first interview with LeBron (please ask about Pete Rose betting on baseball, please?).
LeBron will be at the Boys and Girls club in Greenwich, Connecticut for the event — because he is going to New York right after.
But not for that. Probably. He is going to Carmelo Anthony’s wedding in NYC over the weekend (which is being filmed for its own reality show, seriously). What we’re saying is don’t read much into the location.
What else could you want to know about the show? Oh, that. Sorry, we have no idea anymore.
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 3
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 13
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 8
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19