Jul 6, 2010, 6:22 PM EDT
Toronto’s front office is apparently torn. In a way that explains the oddly conflicting reports on what they are looking to do with a Chris Bosh sign-and-trade.
Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer tweeted the situation:
According to exec familiar with Raptors thinking, TOR undecided on what type of sign-&-trade to look for if they participate w/ Bosh
Exec said TOR going back-and-forth on whether they want to try a total rebuild or attempt to get veterans that can help more immediately.
They are never going to get equal value back for Bosh. Never do when you trade an elite player under any circumstances, especially a sign-and-trade. They are not going to really get quality veterans that will take them very far.
The logical choice is to start to rebuild. Get picks, trade exceptions, young players and start trying to build the team up again. Except….
General Manager Bryan Colangelo is in his last year. General managers who lose in the last year of their contract get fired. He might lean toward winning. Rebuilding — and the losing that comes with it — can sting at the gate as well. Nobody is thriving right now, maybe the owner don’t want to take too big a hit.
We’ll see what they choose. But a franchise that is not of one mind at the top never succeeds.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 7
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings