Jul 6, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
Amare Stoudemire is not a New York Knick. Yet.
Nobody can sign the paperwork until Thursday. That give the Suns to get a little value back for the man they almost traded at the deadline the last two years.
Value back like David Lee, which is one scenario the Suns are working according to the Arizona Republic. Lee, clearly, would have to agree to go to the Suns. Lee would bring Phoenix a new, All-Star power forward to fill out the roster. And Lee’s defense is crap too, so it’s a very fair trade.
“If we can do something to help Phoenix, we will,” Stoudemire’s agent, Happy Walters, said.
The Suns also could work a trade exception with the Knicks, something they could use later or in another sign-and-trade for another player.
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 2
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 14
- Spurs get a little revenge, along with season’s signature win in takedown of Heat 23
- Suns’ rookie Alex Len takes to court with #prayforukraine on shoes 18