Jul 6, 2010, 4:14 PM EDT
Amare Stoudemire is not a New York Knick. Yet.
Nobody can sign the paperwork until Thursday. That give the Suns to get a little value back for the man they almost traded at the deadline the last two years.
Value back like David Lee, which is one scenario the Suns are working according to the Arizona Republic. Lee, clearly, would have to agree to go to the Suns. Lee would bring Phoenix a new, All-Star power forward to fill out the roster. And Lee’s defense is crap too, so it’s a very fair trade.
“If we can do something to help Phoenix, we will,” Stoudemire’s agent, Happy Walters, said.
The Suns also could work a trade exception with the Knicks, something they could use later or in another sign-and-trade for another player.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50