Jul 6, 2010, 4:14 PM EST
Amare Stoudemire is not a New York Knick. Yet.
Nobody can sign the paperwork until Thursday. That give the Suns to get a little value back for the man they almost traded at the deadline the last two years.
Value back like David Lee, which is one scenario the Suns are working according to the Arizona Republic. Lee, clearly, would have to agree to go to the Suns. Lee would bring Phoenix a new, All-Star power forward to fill out the roster. And Lee’s defense is crap too, so it’s a very fair trade.
“If we can do something to help Phoenix, we will,” Stoudemire’s agent, Happy Walters, said.
The Suns also could work a trade exception with the Knicks, something they could use later or in another sign-and-trade for another player.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9