Jul 6, 2010, 6:49 PM EDT
We don’t know. There is no 100 percent.
But the signs are starting to point the same way, especially when you take a step back and look at them in total — LeBron James re-signs in Cleveland, while Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh team up in Miami.
Take these tweets from Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski:
Cavs officials are confident of two things now, multiple sources say: Chris Bosh won’t play for them next season, but LeBron James will. Bosh has long made it clear that he doesn’t want to play in Cleveland, and LeBron knew it was a longshot to sell him on it.
Cavs understand there are still looming threats to pry LeBron, but getting Bosh isn’t make or break on keeping LBJ.
Then there was the tweet from our own Ira Winderman earlier today that said Heat officials are confident Dwyane Wade is returning.
And the breakdown from Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov to his inner circle that Wade and Bosh were going to Miami.
There are other things out there, but more and more all the leaks, all the signs seem to be pointing to this outcome. And it is easy to believe — before free agency even started the conventional wisdom was LeBron and Wade stayed home, while Bosh joined one of them. Miami and Toronto have talked sign and trade before, by the way, that can happen.
If true, New Jersey and Chicago are on the outside looking in. Chicago would go hard after Boozer and the Nets are already talking to him — he would be the big signing and improve either of those teams dramatically. The loser in that battle will be selling spin to their fans.
We still don’t know. But more and more the stars are aligning for this, and after all the frenzy and hype two of the three top members of this class will have gone nowhere.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36