Jul 6, 2010, 12:56 PM EST
They got Amare Stoudemire. Things are different in New York now. They have an anchor to build around.
So why not make another run at Dwyane Wade?
All the signs point to him staying in Miami. That if he went anywhere it would be sweet home Chicago. But South Beach has been good to him, and he is rumored to be close to luring Bosh there.
However, New Yorkers are not quitters. And the Knicks are taking their shot, again, as they did with LeBron, according to Frank Isola at the New York Daily News.
The Knicks are being discounted, but according to a team official, Wade has become the Knicks’ primary focus in recent days because the club feels he may be willing to leave Miami…
The source did not deny that the Knicks’ motive for making a strong push for Wade may be Walsh’s way of trying to make James think twice about potentially returning to the Cavs.
“If you had Kobe (Bryant) in Los Angeles and Wade in New York, where does that leave LeBron … in Cleveland?” the source said. “But the Knicks are not waiting. They’re trying to get a commitment out of Wade.”
It’s always about LeBron, Even when it’s about Wade, it’s about LeBron.
New York City remains the lure of the pitch — you can make more money here in endorsements, you can win and be immortalized on the biggest stage. They have the best delis (although Miami does well on that count and the Cuban food is way better).
New York would take Wade or LeBron in, well, a New York minute. But Tony Parker and a free agent next summer may be the plan when all is said and done. Not for a lack of effort, though.
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 0
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 5
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30