Jul 6, 2010, 12:56 PM EST
They got Amare Stoudemire. Things are different in New York now. They have an anchor to build around.
So why not make another run at Dwyane Wade?
All the signs point to him staying in Miami. That if he went anywhere it would be sweet home Chicago. But South Beach has been good to him, and he is rumored to be close to luring Bosh there.
However, New Yorkers are not quitters. And the Knicks are taking their shot, again, as they did with LeBron, according to Frank Isola at the New York Daily News.
The Knicks are being discounted, but according to a team official, Wade has become the Knicks’ primary focus in recent days because the club feels he may be willing to leave Miami…
The source did not deny that the Knicks’ motive for making a strong push for Wade may be Walsh’s way of trying to make James think twice about potentially returning to the Cavs.
“If you had Kobe (Bryant) in Los Angeles and Wade in New York, where does that leave LeBron … in Cleveland?” the source said. “But the Knicks are not waiting. They’re trying to get a commitment out of Wade.”
It’s always about LeBron, Even when it’s about Wade, it’s about LeBron.
New York City remains the lure of the pitch — you can make more money here in endorsements, you can win and be immortalized on the biggest stage. They have the best delis (although Miami does well on that count and the Cuban food is way better).
New York would take Wade or LeBron in, well, a New York minute. But Tony Parker and a free agent next summer may be the plan when all is said and done. Not for a lack of effort, though.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18