Jul 6, 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
They got Amare Stoudemire. Things are different in New York now. They have an anchor to build around.
So why not make another run at Dwyane Wade?
All the signs point to him staying in Miami. That if he went anywhere it would be sweet home Chicago. But South Beach has been good to him, and he is rumored to be close to luring Bosh there.
However, New Yorkers are not quitters. And the Knicks are taking their shot, again, as they did with LeBron, according to Frank Isola at the New York Daily News.
The Knicks are being discounted, but according to a team official, Wade has become the Knicks’ primary focus in recent days because the club feels he may be willing to leave Miami…
The source did not deny that the Knicks’ motive for making a strong push for Wade may be Walsh’s way of trying to make James think twice about potentially returning to the Cavs.
“If you had Kobe (Bryant) in Los Angeles and Wade in New York, where does that leave LeBron … in Cleveland?” the source said. “But the Knicks are not waiting. They’re trying to get a commitment out of Wade.”
It’s always about LeBron, Even when it’s about Wade, it’s about LeBron.
New York City remains the lure of the pitch — you can make more money here in endorsements, you can win and be immortalized on the biggest stage. They have the best delis (although Miami does well on that count and the Cuban food is way better).
New York would take Wade or LeBron in, well, a New York minute. But Tony Parker and a free agent next summer may be the plan when all is said and done. Not for a lack of effort, though.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay