Jul 6, 2010, 12:56 PM EST
They got Amare Stoudemire. Things are different in New York now. They have an anchor to build around.
So why not make another run at Dwyane Wade?
All the signs point to him staying in Miami. That if he went anywhere it would be sweet home Chicago. But South Beach has been good to him, and he is rumored to be close to luring Bosh there.
However, New Yorkers are not quitters. And the Knicks are taking their shot, again, as they did with LeBron, according to Frank Isola at the New York Daily News.
The Knicks are being discounted, but according to a team official, Wade has become the Knicks’ primary focus in recent days because the club feels he may be willing to leave Miami…
The source did not deny that the Knicks’ motive for making a strong push for Wade may be Walsh’s way of trying to make James think twice about potentially returning to the Cavs.
“If you had Kobe (Bryant) in Los Angeles and Wade in New York, where does that leave LeBron … in Cleveland?” the source said. “But the Knicks are not waiting. They’re trying to get a commitment out of Wade.”
It’s always about LeBron, Even when it’s about Wade, it’s about LeBron.
New York City remains the lure of the pitch — you can make more money here in endorsements, you can win and be immortalized on the biggest stage. They have the best delis (although Miami does well on that count and the Cuban food is way better).
New York would take Wade or LeBron in, well, a New York minute. But Tony Parker and a free agent next summer may be the plan when all is said and done. Not for a lack of effort, though.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16