Jul 6, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
The Wizards’ disastrous ’09-’10 season apparently needed a proper bookend, so ESPN decided to close things up; in their Ultimate Team Rankings, ESPN rated Washington 122nd out of 122 professional sports teams in both ‘player likability’ and ‘fan relations’ (via Dan Steinberg of D.C. Sports Bog). Ouch. Shaun Livingston, Quinton Ross, and Alonzo Gee are clearly far more hateable than I ever would have imagined.
John Wall’s presence alone should prevent the Wiz from taking the title again next year, unless he happens to be a big Bourré player. I hear that doesn’t go over so well in D.C. these days.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22