Jul 6, 2010, 12:34 PM EST
The Wizards’ disastrous ’09-’10 season apparently needed a proper bookend, so ESPN decided to close things up; in their Ultimate Team Rankings, ESPN rated Washington 122nd out of 122 professional sports teams in both ‘player likability’ and ‘fan relations’ (via Dan Steinberg of D.C. Sports Bog). Ouch. Shaun Livingston, Quinton Ross, and Alonzo Gee are clearly far more hateable than I ever would have imagined.
John Wall’s presence alone should prevent the Wiz from taking the title again next year, unless he happens to be a big Bourré player. I hear that doesn’t go over so well in D.C. these days.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 0
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 26
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)