Jul 6, 2010, 12:34 PM EDT
The Wizards’ disastrous ’09-’10 season apparently needed a proper bookend, so ESPN decided to close things up; in their Ultimate Team Rankings, ESPN rated Washington 122nd out of 122 professional sports teams in both ‘player likability’ and ‘fan relations’ (via Dan Steinberg of D.C. Sports Bog). Ouch. Shaun Livingston, Quinton Ross, and Alonzo Gee are clearly far more hateable than I ever would have imagined.
John Wall’s presence alone should prevent the Wiz from taking the title again next year, unless he happens to be a big Bourré player. I hear that doesn’t go over so well in D.C. these days.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (76)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'