Jul 6, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
Byron Scott is in. All in. Either way.
“If I’m going by my gut feeling I would say there is a 75 to 85 percent chance. I feel really good about that. In talking with (general manager) Chris (Grant) and (assistant general manager) Lance (Blanks) they feel really good about it and I’m sure Dan does as well.”
That percentage was not good enough for Tom Izzo, but he has a lot to lose – he walks on water in Lansing. He has it good. You are very careful when to roll the dice when you have it that good.
Scott, he’s an NBA lifer. He’s in for the challenge — win a title with LeBron or rebuild. Whatever.
For him, those are some good odds.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 28
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23