Jul 6, 2010, 3:05 PM EDT
Byron Scott is in. All in. Either way.
“If I’m going by my gut feeling I would say there is a 75 to 85 percent chance. I feel really good about that. In talking with (general manager) Chris (Grant) and (assistant general manager) Lance (Blanks) they feel really good about it and I’m sure Dan does as well.”
That percentage was not good enough for Tom Izzo, but he has a lot to lose – he walks on water in Lansing. He has it good. You are very careful when to roll the dice when you have it that good.
Scott, he’s an NBA lifer. He’s in for the challenge — win a title with LeBron or rebuild. Whatever.
For him, those are some good odds.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6