Jul 5, 2010, 9:44 PM EDT
I want to return to the NBA this season, and help any team that wants me, in any capacity that they feel that I can help. I’m disappointed, and I owe my fans more than what they have seen of me the last couple seasons. However, now that my family is healthy and rock solid, I can concentrate fully on doing what I do best.
He wants back in and says he is reformed. I would like a Maserati.
Nobody is crazy enough to give me an Italian sports car. But you can bet an NBA GM will give Iverson a chance.
Look, if he is good to his word and would accept a role coming off the bench, there is a spot for him in the league. He can still finish at the rim in traffic, he can still get to the line. At this point in his career he is the energy scoring fan favorite sixth/seventh man. He could really help a team doing that.
The problem is that in his last two stops — Memphis and Philadelphia — he could not accept that role. He was a distraction, and pushed publicly to start. It was hard on the clubhouse, and he burned the teams that took chances on him. Part of that was a seriously sick child that was an important life issue for him to deal with, but the team didn’t feel he handled any of this well. His daughter, thankfully, appears to be better.
If he has changed, if he can accept the role and do it for not a ton of money, he might get a chance… oh, who are we kidding, somebody will give him a chance either way. It’s just a question of whether they regret it or not.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13