Jul 5, 2010, 3:26 PM EDT
Here’s what we know: Dwyane Wade and Heat owner Micky Arison were spotted together talking at American Airlines Arena on Monday afternoon.
That we got from our own Ira Winderman, writing for the Sun Sentinel. We also know the Heat never really made a big, formal presentation to Wade as was done by Chicago and New York. No need, really, Wade has played seven years for the Heat and knows everybody. That kind of presentation would have been all for show. This kind of talk was probably more productive.
You can speculate what this means if you want. That the Heat got the last word in a one-on-one pitch. That Wade was explaining face-to-face why he is thinking about leaving. That the pair wanted to talk about the modern forms and bright colors chosen by the architect when building American Airlines Arena. Any of those are as likely as the other.
But they did talk. That much we know.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54