Jul 5, 2010, 3:26 PM EDT
Here’s what we know: Dwyane Wade and Heat owner Micky Arison were spotted together talking at American Airlines Arena on Monday afternoon.
That we got from our own Ira Winderman, writing for the Sun Sentinel. We also know the Heat never really made a big, formal presentation to Wade as was done by Chicago and New York. No need, really, Wade has played seven years for the Heat and knows everybody. That kind of presentation would have been all for show. This kind of talk was probably more productive.
You can speculate what this means if you want. That the Heat got the last word in a one-on-one pitch. That Wade was explaining face-to-face why he is thinking about leaving. That the pair wanted to talk about the modern forms and bright colors chosen by the architect when building American Airlines Arena. Any of those are as likely as the other.
But they did talk. That much we know.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16