Jul 5, 2010, 3:26 PM EST
Here’s what we know: Dwyane Wade and Heat owner Micky Arison were spotted together talking at American Airlines Arena on Monday afternoon.
That we got from our own Ira Winderman, writing for the Sun Sentinel. We also know the Heat never really made a big, formal presentation to Wade as was done by Chicago and New York. No need, really, Wade has played seven years for the Heat and knows everybody. That kind of presentation would have been all for show. This kind of talk was probably more productive.
You can speculate what this means if you want. That the Heat got the last word in a one-on-one pitch. That Wade was explaining face-to-face why he is thinking about leaving. That the pair wanted to talk about the modern forms and bright colors chosen by the architect when building American Airlines Arena. Any of those are as likely as the other.
But they did talk. That much we know.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11