Jul 5, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
Just what we all have hoped for — the chance to relive this summer’s free agency over and over and over…
Camera crews have been following Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh through the free agency process. Filming them going to meetings, flying around the country and having dinner with each other in Chicago. Of course, I’m sure there are plenty of artistically-framed shots of them deep in contemplation, wrestling with he decision of where to make $16 million a year for the next few years.
It’s believed they are filming a documentary of the process. Although Henry Thomas (the agent of both Bosh and Wade) told CNBC’s Darren Rovell nothing has been decided:
“We’ll decide what we want to do with (the film).”
A documentary approved by the players and their agent? Like that’s not going to be a puff piece.
The cameras have not been in the meetings (where the actual interesting stuff happened), Bosh tweeted. Still, the cameras have made some of the front office uncomfortable. In their idea of utopia, NBA front offices would operate in a completely closed-door environment; this whole transparency thing unnerves them. But in this case they have no choice – the cameras are there under the direction of the players the teams are recruiting. So they have lived with it.
What this really means: Later this week when Bosh and Wade come to a decision (let us pray it is later this week, any longer and my mind will turn to oatmeal) it will not be the end of it. Soon enough, we will get to relive it all.
And people in only one or two cities will like how this movie ends.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4