Jul 5, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
Just what we all have hoped for — the chance to relive this summer’s free agency over and over and over…
Camera crews have been following Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh through the free agency process. Filming them going to meetings, flying around the country and having dinner with each other in Chicago. Of course, I’m sure there are plenty of artistically-framed shots of them deep in contemplation, wrestling with he decision of where to make $16 million a year for the next few years.
It’s believed they are filming a documentary of the process. Although Henry Thomas (the agent of both Bosh and Wade) told CNBC’s Darren Rovell nothing has been decided:
“We’ll decide what we want to do with (the film).”
A documentary approved by the players and their agent? Like that’s not going to be a puff piece.
The cameras have not been in the meetings (where the actual interesting stuff happened), Bosh tweeted. Still, the cameras have made some of the front office uncomfortable. In their idea of utopia, NBA front offices would operate in a completely closed-door environment; this whole transparency thing unnerves them. But in this case they have no choice – the cameras are there under the direction of the players the teams are recruiting. So they have lived with it.
What this really means: Later this week when Bosh and Wade come to a decision (let us pray it is later this week, any longer and my mind will turn to oatmeal) it will not be the end of it. Soon enough, we will get to relive it all.
And people in only one or two cities will like how this movie ends.
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 4
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games