Jul 5, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
Just what we all have hoped for — the chance to relive this summer’s free agency over and over and over…
Camera crews have been following Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh through the free agency process. Filming them going to meetings, flying around the country and having dinner with each other in Chicago. Of course, I’m sure there are plenty of artistically-framed shots of them deep in contemplation, wrestling with he decision of where to make $16 million a year for the next few years.
It’s believed they are filming a documentary of the process. Although Henry Thomas (the agent of both Bosh and Wade) told CNBC’s Darren Rovell nothing has been decided:
“We’ll decide what we want to do with (the film).”
A documentary approved by the players and their agent? Like that’s not going to be a puff piece.
The cameras have not been in the meetings (where the actual interesting stuff happened), Bosh tweeted. Still, the cameras have made some of the front office uncomfortable. In their idea of utopia, NBA front offices would operate in a completely closed-door environment; this whole transparency thing unnerves them. But in this case they have no choice – the cameras are there under the direction of the players the teams are recruiting. So they have lived with it.
What this really means: Later this week when Bosh and Wade come to a decision (let us pray it is later this week, any longer and my mind will turn to oatmeal) it will not be the end of it. Soon enough, we will get to relive it all.
And people in only one or two cities will like how this movie ends.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 8
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11