Jul 5, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
You know he is going to New York — Amare said so.
Heck, Carmelo Anthony is going somewhere, right? That’s why he hasn’t signed that three-year, $65 million extension staring him in the face, right? Trade scenarios for Melo are everybody’s new favorite past time. He’s going to the Knicks, Nets, Heat, Magic, Bulls, and back to Syracuse for two more seasons. It’s happening…
Nuggets all-star Carmelo Anthony is very serious about accepting the team’s contract extension, but Anthony is still waiting to hear about the team’s attempts to improve the frontcourt, a league source said today.
It’s all pretty simple. Melo wants to stay, but he wants a commitment to winning. He wants to see the Nuggets do something. Denver can’t really do anything while the league is frozen waiting for LeBron to get off the pot.
So Melo doesn’t sign to keep the pressure on. But he will, unless the Nuggets start shedding salary. He has a year to sign the deal. But he has to sign it, unless he wants to try to negotiate a new deal next summer under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, which will be less friendly to players.
But that’s no fun. I have a way to trade Melo to the Lakers…
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 15
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80