Jul 5, 2010, 4:51 PM EST
You know he is going to New York — Amare said so.
Heck, Carmelo Anthony is going somewhere, right? That’s why he hasn’t signed that three-year, $65 million extension staring him in the face, right? Trade scenarios for Melo are everybody’s new favorite past time. He’s going to the Knicks, Nets, Heat, Magic, Bulls, and back to Syracuse for two more seasons. It’s happening…
Nuggets all-star Carmelo Anthony is very serious about accepting the team’s contract extension, but Anthony is still waiting to hear about the team’s attempts to improve the frontcourt, a league source said today.
It’s all pretty simple. Melo wants to stay, but he wants a commitment to winning. He wants to see the Nuggets do something. Denver can’t really do anything while the league is frozen waiting for LeBron to get off the pot.
So Melo doesn’t sign to keep the pressure on. But he will, unless the Nuggets start shedding salary. He has a year to sign the deal. But he has to sign it, unless he wants to try to negotiate a new deal next summer under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, which will be less friendly to players.
But that’s no fun. I have a way to trade Melo to the Lakers…
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 15
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 17
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30