Jul 5, 2010, 4:51 PM EDT
You know he is going to New York — Amare said so.
Heck, Carmelo Anthony is going somewhere, right? That’s why he hasn’t signed that three-year, $65 million extension staring him in the face, right? Trade scenarios for Melo are everybody’s new favorite past time. He’s going to the Knicks, Nets, Heat, Magic, Bulls, and back to Syracuse for two more seasons. It’s happening…
Nuggets all-star Carmelo Anthony is very serious about accepting the team’s contract extension, but Anthony is still waiting to hear about the team’s attempts to improve the frontcourt, a league source said today.
It’s all pretty simple. Melo wants to stay, but he wants a commitment to winning. He wants to see the Nuggets do something. Denver can’t really do anything while the league is frozen waiting for LeBron to get off the pot.
So Melo doesn’t sign to keep the pressure on. But he will, unless the Nuggets start shedding salary. He has a year to sign the deal. But he has to sign it, unless he wants to try to negotiate a new deal next summer under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, which will be less friendly to players.
But that’s no fun. I have a way to trade Melo to the Lakers…
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49