Jul 5, 2010, 4:51 PM EST
You know he is going to New York — Amare said so.
Heck, Carmelo Anthony is going somewhere, right? That’s why he hasn’t signed that three-year, $65 million extension staring him in the face, right? Trade scenarios for Melo are everybody’s new favorite past time. He’s going to the Knicks, Nets, Heat, Magic, Bulls, and back to Syracuse for two more seasons. It’s happening…
Nuggets all-star Carmelo Anthony is very serious about accepting the team’s contract extension, but Anthony is still waiting to hear about the team’s attempts to improve the frontcourt, a league source said today.
It’s all pretty simple. Melo wants to stay, but he wants a commitment to winning. He wants to see the Nuggets do something. Denver can’t really do anything while the league is frozen waiting for LeBron to get off the pot.
So Melo doesn’t sign to keep the pressure on. But he will, unless the Nuggets start shedding salary. He has a year to sign the deal. But he has to sign it, unless he wants to try to negotiate a new deal next summer under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, which will be less friendly to players.
But that’s no fun. I have a way to trade Melo to the Lakers…
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday 0
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 6
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 7
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 14
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 11
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)