Jul 4, 2010, 12:02 AM EDT
The Cleveland Cavaliers weren’t going to try and convince LeBron they made the most business sense, though they definitely feel they have a great financial opportunity for him long-term. They weren’t going to try and convince him even that their basketball club provided the best opportunity, though that’s an easy case to make with their roster and new head coach Byron Scott. And the weren’t going to throw celebrity at him.
Instead, they appealed to who he is, what he stands for, and what he loves. His home.
Their video which is now available on the Cavaliers’ homepage is a 10 minute combination of interviews with local Ohio folk in both Cleveland and Akron, highlights of his career, and his own recorded comments.
It is emotional, it is passionate, it is set to the music of Gladiator (a LeBron favorite):
if James is going to walk away, which he is well within his rights to do, he’s going to have to walk away from more than just Mo Williams and Dan Gilbert. It’s a move away from his home and the people who have embraced him since he was a high school kid. The enormity of James’ decision has never been more clear.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay