Jul 4, 2010, 3:09 PM EDT
Great news everybody! Another four days of LeBron James speculation! I know that’s what everybody really was hoping for.
Right. But according to a tweet from the very well connected Brian Windhorst, James is not going to be announcing his decision for several more days at the earliest.
Sources say LeBron plans to wait until after 3-day Nike camp in Akron is over to announce decision. Ends Wed. nite
Thurs. ironically is first day free agents can sign, cap numbers become official.
That announcement is expected to come first on LeBron’s Web site.
There are a couple ways one could look at this. If LeBron is leaving, there is no way he’d make a Monday announcement — you don’t want to do a three day camp in your home town right after you broke the city’s hearts.
However, you can’t say for sure he is leaving. He’s got a lot to think about, a lot of options and variables to consider. Waiting to think about all that a little more makes sense.
But until the LeBron domino falls, not many others will. So bring on more rampant speculation!
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 47
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61