Jul 4, 2010, 3:09 PM EST
Great news everybody! Another four days of LeBron James speculation! I know that’s what everybody really was hoping for.
Right. But according to a tweet from the very well connected Brian Windhorst, James is not going to be announcing his decision for several more days at the earliest.
Sources say LeBron plans to wait until after 3-day Nike camp in Akron is over to announce decision. Ends Wed. nite
Thurs. ironically is first day free agents can sign, cap numbers become official.
That announcement is expected to come first on LeBron’s Web site.
There are a couple ways one could look at this. If LeBron is leaving, there is no way he’d make a Monday announcement — you don’t want to do a three day camp in your home town right after you broke the city’s hearts.
However, you can’t say for sure he is leaving. He’s got a lot to think about, a lot of options and variables to consider. Waiting to think about all that a little more makes sense.
But until the LeBron domino falls, not many others will. So bring on more rampant speculation!
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 0
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 20
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1