Jul 4, 2010, 12:11 AM EDT
After a few days of haggling over how much it will cost the Celtics to get out of this deal in three years, Boston and Paul Pierce have come to an agreement that keeps the team’s talisman in green.
Pierce now has a four-year, $61 million deal agreed to with the Celtics, according to Ken Berger of CBSSports.com.
The sticking point was the partially guaranteed fourth year. Fair bet that the Celtics will be ready to buy out a 36 -year-old Pierce by the fourth year of this deal, as the Celtics will be rebuilding around Rajon Rondo then and will be ready to go younger. No word yet on what number the two sides settle on for that buyout.
So the Celtics are getting the band back together. They have Doc Rivers and Paul Pierce back. The only question now is Ray Allen.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15