Amar'e Stoudemire says Carmelo Anthony and Tony Parker are ready to join him if he signs with Knicks

Jul 4, 2010, 7:24 AM EDT

Thumbnail image for Stoudemire_walk.jpgAmar’e Stoudemire is going to be what every Knicks beat reporter dreams of.

Stoudemire is in New York to visit with the Knicks tomorrow, and decided to check out the play he’s helped produce on Broadway, “Rock of Ages.” He got a warm welcome to the New York media when two reporters tried sneaking into the play while it was going on to ask him questions. Then he took some questions outside. And decided to drop a few bombshells.

Take it away, New York Daily News!

“I’ve talked to Carmelo Anthony that he needs to come out here,”
Stoudemire said. “I’ve talked to Tony Parker. Both guys are ready to
join me if I decide to come here. So we will see if we can work it out.”

Riiiiiiiight.

Stoudemire is unlikely to get fined by the NBA for such behavior. The league usually doesn’t fine players, only teams, for interfering with the process, especially if the player is a free agent. But if true, Stoudemire’s pretty far out there on an island in terms of involving himself in the recruiting process of players who aren’t even free agents.

Of course, that’s if it’s true. Which it can’t be. There’s just no way that Carmelo, heavily rumored to be in the final stages of a new contract with the Nuggets or even Parker, heavily rumored to be interested in New York, would want to damage their respective situations with such a statement. Even if they did say it, expect a heavy stream of denials on this from all parties.

But in the meantime, let the speculation commence! Welcome back to the basketball media relevancy party, New York!

1. ronnie - Jul 5, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Like I said before, is Labron sign with New York, I will write a book about him free of charge. I think Stoudemire is smart by not going from team to team looking for a deal, playing with the fans mind. Players of these calabor should know what they want and don’t want. They should sign with the a team and move on with their careers.

2. ohyeah22 - Jul 5, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Ronnie, please write the book anyway. I’d love to read it!!!

3. Arizona Trey(Steeler Fan) - Jul 5, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I feel we have gotten away from the true issue at hand, loyilty; there are very few players out there that want to take a cut in order to improve there teams chances on winning a Ring. these players are making big promises to do it all on another team with different players but if it was that e-z they would stay were they are and bring other great players to them and win a ring at home. Stop talking the talk of less money “I just want a ring” and play hard and connsistent all year long.

4. ron - Jul 5, 2010 at 1:47 PM

stoudemire is a moron. carmelo is not even free agent. he has until next summer to take nuggets current offer.

5. Skyler - Jul 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Ronnie… Fix your spelling issues and then we’ll talk.

6. joshua rose - Jul 5, 2010 at 5:42 PM

The big talk for this week is lebron james! i think that if lebron has the guts to leave his home town in cleveland then he is going to base his desision on the teamates he would have the chance to play with. if he goes to chicago he plays with joekim noah and derrick rose who are both potential all stars. if lebron possibly goes to new york he will have probably ameere stademire and possibly carmello anthony by next year and if amaree could lur lebron to play with him in the garden. another talk is tony parker i dont think thew knicks get him. once again if lebron has the guts to leave his hometown its probably in between chicago and new york and it depends what players the teams have.

7. AB - Jul 7, 2010 at 5:05 PM

I think that’s a little strong “potner”, werever you work or live you are in close proximity of your piers,whoever they work for.In this scenerio the moron would be the uninformed “non-professional NBA All-Star POWER FORWARD”, who just signed a 5 year, $100 million dollar contract,with my Beloved KNICKS.Amare is a close friend to Lebron and Carmelo,GENIOUS.This is as real as you not making any professional team in your life,or you would be PRIVEY to the FACT, that YOUR friends have a profound effect on decisions YOU and YOUR family make in life.I am a Knick Fan from 1965.That makes me a Professionl FAN.There is nothing our New York Knick Leadership will not do to secure a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM to New York.I know that because “I” am a pro fan.If Lebron does not sign with us now, we may not WANT him next year.Because to PROFESSIONAL, New York Fans, NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN NEW YORK!

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches