Jul 4, 2010, 5:21 PM EST
Mike D’Antoni called Amare Stoudemire minutes into the new free agent period this week and said it was time for them to bury the hatchet, because they wanted him in New York.
Is there a better place to bury the hatchet than brunch?
No, no there is not. An omelet bar and lukewarm eggs benedict is the perfect makeup meal.
Stoudemire and D’Antoni did not part on good terms from Phoenix. But now, a few years later both have matured. And both need each other. Amare has wanted to be out in front, now he will be. D’Antoni gets an All-Star perfectly suited to run his offense.
So the hatchet was buried. Tomorrow the deal should be finalized, and Stoudemire will be the Knicks big free agent signing. With all that comes with that.
Now Stoudemire and D’Antoni need to team up to recruit more elite player to run with them. Or things will get ugly fast. Uglier than a lukewarm eggs benedict.
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 0
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 3
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 21
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)