Jul 3, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
LeBron James will meet with the Cleveland Cavaliers at 11:00AM EST, then with the Chicago Bulls at 1:30AM EST. That concludes James’ tour of teams on “the list.” He’s then expected to take Sunday to consider his options and discuss with his people on the holiday, then make his decision Monday. Again, “expected.” He very well could decide he needs more time on this. As we’ve already learned, nothing is set in this insane, whacko summer.
At this time, Dwyane Wade has no meeting scheduled for today, though that could change, especially if the Heat get anxious about his 2nd meeting yesterday with the Bulls.
Chris Bosh is done with visits for now as well.
Amar’e Stoudemire meets with New York today, with a “broad agreement” in place.
Joe Johnson is still hunkered down in LA with his agent, to the best of anyone’s knowledge.
David Lee is set
to meet with the Timberwolves today. We’ll have more on why this
makes zero sense for anyone involved after while.
The rest of the league is still milling about, but likely winding down towards the weekend. There’s a general feeling that the top of the list needs to sort itself out before the rest of the free agents that are loose can find homes.
We’ll update this if we find out any more.
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 4
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 21
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 45
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement