Jul 3, 2010, 10:41 AM EDT
LeBron James will meet with the Cleveland Cavaliers at 11:00AM EST, then with the Chicago Bulls at 1:30AM EST. That concludes James’ tour of teams on “the list.” He’s then expected to take Sunday to consider his options and discuss with his people on the holiday, then make his decision Monday. Again, “expected.” He very well could decide he needs more time on this. As we’ve already learned, nothing is set in this insane, whacko summer.
At this time, Dwyane Wade has no meeting scheduled for today, though that could change, especially if the Heat get anxious about his 2nd meeting yesterday with the Bulls.
Chris Bosh is done with visits for now as well.
Amar’e Stoudemire meets with New York today, with a “broad agreement” in place.
Joe Johnson is still hunkered down in LA with his agent, to the best of anyone’s knowledge.
David Lee is set
to meet with the Timberwolves today. We’ll have more on why this
makes zero sense for anyone involved after while.
The rest of the league is still milling about, but likely winding down towards the weekend. There’s a general feeling that the top of the list needs to sort itself out before the rest of the free agents that are loose can find homes.
We’ll update this if we find out any more.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19