Jul 3, 2010, 10:41 AM EST
LeBron James will meet with the Cleveland Cavaliers at 11:00AM EST, then with the Chicago Bulls at 1:30AM EST. That concludes James’ tour of teams on “the list.” He’s then expected to take Sunday to consider his options and discuss with his people on the holiday, then make his decision Monday. Again, “expected.” He very well could decide he needs more time on this. As we’ve already learned, nothing is set in this insane, whacko summer.
At this time, Dwyane Wade has no meeting scheduled for today, though that could change, especially if the Heat get anxious about his 2nd meeting yesterday with the Bulls.
Chris Bosh is done with visits for now as well.
Amar’e Stoudemire meets with New York today, with a “broad agreement” in place.
Joe Johnson is still hunkered down in LA with his agent, to the best of anyone’s knowledge.
David Lee is set
to meet with the Timberwolves today. We’ll have more on why this
makes zero sense for anyone involved after while.
The rest of the league is still milling about, but likely winding down towards the weekend. There’s a general feeling that the top of the list needs to sort itself out before the rest of the free agents that are loose can find homes.
We’ll update this if we find out any more.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 3
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 10
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 10