Jul 2, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
Let’s be clear about this — Dwyane Wade is going to be in a Miami Heat uniform at the start of next season. He is going through the motions of meeting with other teams; other teams are going through the motions of presentations. But everyone knows how the movie ends.
That said, Wade exited a two-hour meeting with the brass of the New York Knicks and said (according to Alan Hahn of Newsday):
“it went well…I have to say I’m intrigued.”
If the reports are correct and Amare Stoudemire lands in New York, he would be a formidable pairing with Wade. That team would attack the rim like no other. Stoudemire certainly was option No. 2 for Miami if it could not get Chris Bosh (Carlos Boozer likely jumps into that spot). So clearly other teams pictured Wade and Stoudemire together.
Still, as crazy as free agency has been, nothing would be more shocking than Wade leaving Miami. Well, LeBron to the Clippers, but that’s it.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31