Jul 2, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
Let’s be clear about this — Dwyane Wade is going to be in a Miami Heat uniform at the start of next season. He is going through the motions of meeting with other teams; other teams are going through the motions of presentations. But everyone knows how the movie ends.
That said, Wade exited a two-hour meeting with the brass of the New York Knicks and said (according to Alan Hahn of Newsday):
“it went well…I have to say I’m intrigued.”
If the reports are correct and Amare Stoudemire lands in New York, he would be a formidable pairing with Wade. That team would attack the rim like no other. Stoudemire certainly was option No. 2 for Miami if it could not get Chris Bosh (Carlos Boozer likely jumps into that spot). So clearly other teams pictured Wade and Stoudemire together.
Still, as crazy as free agency has been, nothing would be more shocking than Wade leaving Miami. Well, LeBron to the Clippers, but that’s it.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29