Jul 2, 2010, 2:28 PM EDT
Let’s be clear about this — Dwyane Wade is going to be in a Miami Heat uniform at the start of next season. He is going through the motions of meeting with other teams; other teams are going through the motions of presentations. But everyone knows how the movie ends.
That said, Wade exited a two-hour meeting with the brass of the New York Knicks and said (according to Alan Hahn of Newsday):
“it went well…I have to say I’m intrigued.”
If the reports are correct and Amare Stoudemire lands in New York, he would be a formidable pairing with Wade. That team would attack the rim like no other. Stoudemire certainly was option No. 2 for Miami if it could not get Chris Bosh (Carlos Boozer likely jumps into that spot). So clearly other teams pictured Wade and Stoudemire together.
Still, as crazy as free agency has been, nothing would be more shocking than Wade leaving Miami. Well, LeBron to the Clippers, but that’s it.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71