Jul 2, 2010, 2:28 PM EST
Let’s be clear about this — Dwyane Wade is going to be in a Miami Heat uniform at the start of next season. He is going through the motions of meeting with other teams; other teams are going through the motions of presentations. But everyone knows how the movie ends.
That said, Wade exited a two-hour meeting with the brass of the New York Knicks and said (according to Alan Hahn of Newsday):
“it went well…I have to say I’m intrigued.”
If the reports are correct and Amare Stoudemire lands in New York, he would be a formidable pairing with Wade. That team would attack the rim like no other. Stoudemire certainly was option No. 2 for Miami if it could not get Chris Bosh (Carlos Boozer likely jumps into that spot). So clearly other teams pictured Wade and Stoudemire together.
Still, as crazy as free agency has been, nothing would be more shocking than Wade leaving Miami. Well, LeBron to the Clippers, but that’s it.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 5
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 17
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31