Jul 2, 2010, 12:39 PM EDT
It’s official, Sergio Rodriguez is returning to Spain,
He has signed a deal with Real Madrid, if you can believe the official Real Madrid Web site. We tend to. This is a three-year deal, according to the site.
No shock here, Rodriguez has been unhappy and wanted to return across Atlantic and had been rumored for this move for a while. Rodriguez had been in the Spanish ABC league but came to America in 2006 and spent three years in Portland. The Knicks were not going to miss him that much, he was sharing space with Toney Douglas and the Knicks are high on Douglas.
Douglas may have to be the man — right now he is the Knicks point guard. And there are not a lot of good options out there on the free agent market. I suppose they were counting on LeBron to play that role, too.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11