Jul 2, 2010, 12:39 PM EDT
It’s official, Sergio Rodriguez is returning to Spain,
He has signed a deal with Real Madrid, if you can believe the official Real Madrid Web site. We tend to. This is a three-year deal, according to the site.
No shock here, Rodriguez has been unhappy and wanted to return across Atlantic and had been rumored for this move for a while. Rodriguez had been in the Spanish ABC league but came to America in 2006 and spent three years in Portland. The Knicks were not going to miss him that much, he was sharing space with Toney Douglas and the Knicks are high on Douglas.
Douglas may have to be the man — right now he is the Knicks point guard. And there are not a lot of good options out there on the free agent market. I suppose they were counting on LeBron to play that role, too.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 4
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 4
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 16
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6