Jul 2, 2010, 12:39 PM EDT
It’s official, Sergio Rodriguez is returning to Spain,
He has signed a deal with Real Madrid, if you can believe the official Real Madrid Web site. We tend to. This is a three-year deal, according to the site.
No shock here, Rodriguez has been unhappy and wanted to return across Atlantic and had been rumored for this move for a while. Rodriguez had been in the Spanish ABC league but came to America in 2006 and spent three years in Portland. The Knicks were not going to miss him that much, he was sharing space with Toney Douglas and the Knicks are high on Douglas.
Douglas may have to be the man — right now he is the Knicks point guard. And there are not a lot of good options out there on the free agent market. I suppose they were counting on LeBron to play that role, too.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28