Jul 2, 2010, 12:39 PM EST
It’s official, Sergio Rodriguez is returning to Spain,
He has signed a deal with Real Madrid, if you can believe the official Real Madrid Web site. We tend to. This is a three-year deal, according to the site.
No shock here, Rodriguez has been unhappy and wanted to return across Atlantic and had been rumored for this move for a while. Rodriguez had been in the Spanish ABC league but came to America in 2006 and spent three years in Portland. The Knicks were not going to miss him that much, he was sharing space with Toney Douglas and the Knicks are high on Douglas.
Douglas may have to be the man — right now he is the Knicks point guard. And there are not a lot of good options out there on the free agent market. I suppose they were counting on LeBron to play that role, too.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17