Jul 2, 2010, 12:39 PM EST
It’s official, Sergio Rodriguez is returning to Spain,
He has signed a deal with Real Madrid, if you can believe the official Real Madrid Web site. We tend to. This is a three-year deal, according to the site.
No shock here, Rodriguez has been unhappy and wanted to return across Atlantic and had been rumored for this move for a while. Rodriguez had been in the Spanish ABC league but came to America in 2006 and spent three years in Portland. The Knicks were not going to miss him that much, he was sharing space with Toney Douglas and the Knicks are high on Douglas.
Douglas may have to be the man — right now he is the Knicks point guard. And there are not a lot of good options out there on the free agent market. I suppose they were counting on LeBron to play that role, too.
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 0
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 9
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 3
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 20
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25