Jul 1, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
According to the twitter feed of Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, the Minnesota Timberwolves, Denver Nuggets, New York Knicks, and New Jersey Nets have all shown interest in free agent forward Tyrus Thomas.
Thomas is a restricted free agent, meaning that the Bobcats would be able to match any offer that Thomas gets. Since the Bobcats would have a week to match said offer, attempting to sign Thomas could cause a team to miss out on chances to get other players while they wait for Charlotte’s decision. Because of that, one would think the chances of Thomas getting an offer at the beginning of the free agency period are slim.
Thomas will likely never live up to his billing as a former top-five pick, and his attitude has been almost as much of an issue as his relatively limited offensive game. What Thomas does bring is some great athleticism and the ability to make an instant impact on the defensive end, something Larry Brown values. If Larry Brown and the Bobcats organization really does want Thomas back, they will have the opportunity to keep him. However, they may have to pay more than they’d like to in order to keep the talented 23-year old around.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld