Jul 1, 2010, 10:51 PM EDT
According to the twitter feed of Yahoo! Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, the Minnesota Timberwolves, Denver Nuggets, New York Knicks, and New Jersey Nets have all shown interest in free agent forward Tyrus Thomas.
Thomas is a restricted free agent, meaning that the Bobcats would be able to match any offer that Thomas gets. Since the Bobcats would have a week to match said offer, attempting to sign Thomas could cause a team to miss out on chances to get other players while they wait for Charlotte’s decision. Because of that, one would think the chances of Thomas getting an offer at the beginning of the free agency period are slim.
Thomas will likely never live up to his billing as a former top-five pick, and his attitude has been almost as much of an issue as his relatively limited offensive game. What Thomas does bring is some great athleticism and the ability to make an instant impact on the defensive end, something Larry Brown values. If Larry Brown and the Bobcats organization really does want Thomas back, they will have the opportunity to keep him. However, they may have to pay more than they’d like to in order to keep the talented 23-year old around.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld