Jul 1, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
The Indiana Pacers need a point guard. Jordan Farmar is a point guard who wants to show he can run a traditional offense and not be tied down by the confines of the triangle.
The Pacers have reached out to Farmar, but have only offered a one-year deal, according to Mark Spears from Yahoo Sports.
Both Portland and New York have shown interest in him as well.
It’s a little hard to project Farmar because in the triangle offense he was really asked just to be a spot-up shooter much of the time. And that’s not his forte. But when he did get the chance to create in the offense off the dribble he seemed to force is own shot a little too much. Was that because he wanted to take his few chances in the offense or because that’s who he is? We will see.
But there is no other guard you can get at this price who has two rings and played a lot of key minutes in the finals.
He is good leading the break, something he would do a lot in Indiana or New York. However, you can bet he wants more than a one-year deal.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48