Jul 1, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
Hedo Turkoglu was one of last season’s biggest free-agent flops. His play was inconsistent, his attitude was called into question, and the intangibles he was supposed to bring from Orlando didn’t keep the Raptors from being kept out of the playoffs.
After the season, Turkoglu made it worse by stating that he did not want to return to Toronto during an appearance on Turkish television. On Thursday, Turkoglu was back on that same TV channel, but a visit from new Raptors assistant coach P.J. Carlesimo seems to have changed Turkoglu’s attitude about playing in Toronto.
Here are a few translations of what Turkoglu said during his appearance, courtesy of ESPN.com’s Henry Abbott:
“As a basketball player, my only goal is to perform at the highest level again. I want to play in a system that fits me. I’m happy that Carlesimo is here, he’s a good friend of mine since my Spurs days.”“Everybody makes mistakes, that’s a fact. Both parties [Hedo and Raptors management] think that it’s time to correct them. Toronto wants me back and to take the leading role. I’m happy that Carlesimo is here, and we will all see what summer brings. I don’t have any problems with the city of Toronto or the Raptors. I want to be able to perform at the highest level.”
It sounds like Hedo has cooled off a little bit, which is a good thing for both him and the Raptors franchise, who would have been forced to sell Hedo at the nadir of his value. Hopefully Hedo will get with the program next season; with Chris Bosh likely gone, Turkoglu is going to need to step his game up in a major way next year.
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 2
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 30
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 50
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (80)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld