Jul 1, 2010, 1:18 PM EST
You think the human beings have yet to be cloned successfully. But after looking at what the Miami Heat have been up to in the first hours of free agency, I am convinced someone in Heat HQ has cracked the code. Otherwise there is no way they could have been in all these places.
This is what the Heat have done, according our own Ira Winderman, writing for the South Florida Sun Sentinel:
…it has been learned that the Heat’s preliminary steps into the process have included contact with Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh, Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer, Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson, Dallas Mavericks center Brendan Haywood, Charlotte Bobcats guard Raymond Felton, Washington Wizards swingman Mike Miller and Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay.
Oh yea, and on Friday morning they will be in Akron to put on the dog and pony show for LeBron James.
Don’t try and convince me they have not cloned Pat Riley.
Priority #1 is keeping Wade. Which means getting him some help. They are going after LeBron James, but rumor is he is hesitant to be part of a three-headed monster with nothing much around them in Miami.
Bosh is more likely to bite, and if that falls through Stoudemire and Boozer are next in line. Any of them paired with Wade could be very good. After that… well, apparently they are open to anyone.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 10
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0