Jul 1, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
You think the human beings have yet to be cloned successfully. But after looking at what the Miami Heat have been up to in the first hours of free agency, I am convinced someone in Heat HQ has cracked the code. Otherwise there is no way they could have been in all these places.
This is what the Heat have done, according our own Ira Winderman, writing for the South Florida Sun Sentinel:
…it has been learned that the Heat’s preliminary steps into the process have included contact with Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh, Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer, Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson, Dallas Mavericks center Brendan Haywood, Charlotte Bobcats guard Raymond Felton, Washington Wizards swingman Mike Miller and Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay.
Oh yea, and on Friday morning they will be in Akron to put on the dog and pony show for LeBron James.
Don’t try and convince me they have not cloned Pat Riley.
Priority #1 is keeping Wade. Which means getting him some help. They are going after LeBron James, but rumor is he is hesitant to be part of a three-headed monster with nothing much around them in Miami.
Bosh is more likely to bite, and if that falls through Stoudemire and Boozer are next in line. Any of them paired with Wade could be very good. After that… well, apparently they are open to anyone.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 15
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23