Jul 1, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
You think the human beings have yet to be cloned successfully. But after looking at what the Miami Heat have been up to in the first hours of free agency, I am convinced someone in Heat HQ has cracked the code. Otherwise there is no way they could have been in all these places.
This is what the Heat have done, according our own Ira Winderman, writing for the South Florida Sun Sentinel:
…it has been learned that the Heat’s preliminary steps into the process have included contact with Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire, Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh, Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer, Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson, Dallas Mavericks center Brendan Haywood, Charlotte Bobcats guard Raymond Felton, Washington Wizards swingman Mike Miller and Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay.
Oh yea, and on Friday morning they will be in Akron to put on the dog and pony show for LeBron James.
Don’t try and convince me they have not cloned Pat Riley.
Priority #1 is keeping Wade. Which means getting him some help. They are going after LeBron James, but rumor is he is hesitant to be part of a three-headed monster with nothing much around them in Miami.
Bosh is more likely to bite, and if that falls through Stoudemire and Boozer are next in line. Any of them paired with Wade could be very good. After that… well, apparently they are open to anyone.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42