Jun 30, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
That whole plan to pair Amare Stoudemire with Dwyane Wade in Miami (which is the plan if the big plan in Miami falls through) may have to be put on hold.
Amare Stoudemire may not be a free agent after all. Maybe. Even if the smart money is still on him testing the market.
Stoudemire met with Suns owner Robert Sarver and Coach Alvin Gentry Tuesday in Los Angeles, a meeting that went on for three hours. Now another meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Apparently they found something to talk about. So maybe there is hope Stoudemire remains in Phoenix.
Stoudemire has yet to opt out of his $17.6 million deal for next year. He will, he is not keeping that unless he can reach a deal to extend that contract for several years. Which certainly came up in Tuesday’s meeting. But it could take a while to get together.
Look for Stoudemire to opt out, but to keep talking to the Suns. And anyone else interested. But if he’s going to opt out he has only until 9 p.m. Wednesday. Which is a deadline fast approaching.
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 1
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 11
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 48
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights