Jun 30, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
That whole plan to pair Amare Stoudemire with Dwyane Wade in Miami (which is the plan if the big plan in Miami falls through) may have to be put on hold.
Amare Stoudemire may not be a free agent after all. Maybe. Even if the smart money is still on him testing the market.
Stoudemire met with Suns owner Robert Sarver and Coach Alvin Gentry Tuesday in Los Angeles, a meeting that went on for three hours. Now another meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Apparently they found something to talk about. So maybe there is hope Stoudemire remains in Phoenix.
Stoudemire has yet to opt out of his $17.6 million deal for next year. He will, he is not keeping that unless he can reach a deal to extend that contract for several years. Which certainly came up in Tuesday’s meeting. But it could take a while to get together.
Look for Stoudemire to opt out, but to keep talking to the Suns. And anyone else interested. But if he’s going to opt out he has only until 9 p.m. Wednesday. Which is a deadline fast approaching.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 29
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9