Jun 30, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
That whole plan to pair Amare Stoudemire with Dwyane Wade in Miami (which is the plan if the big plan in Miami falls through) may have to be put on hold.
Amare Stoudemire may not be a free agent after all. Maybe. Even if the smart money is still on him testing the market.
Stoudemire met with Suns owner Robert Sarver and Coach Alvin Gentry Tuesday in Los Angeles, a meeting that went on for three hours. Now another meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Apparently they found something to talk about. So maybe there is hope Stoudemire remains in Phoenix.
Stoudemire has yet to opt out of his $17.6 million deal for next year. He will, he is not keeping that unless he can reach a deal to extend that contract for several years. Which certainly came up in Tuesday’s meeting. But it could take a while to get together.
Look for Stoudemire to opt out, but to keep talking to the Suns. And anyone else interested. But if he’s going to opt out he has only until 9 p.m. Wednesday. Which is a deadline fast approaching.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 0
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 13
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 0
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 35
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 28
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22