Jun 30, 2010, 8:15 AM EST
That whole plan to pair Amare Stoudemire with Dwyane Wade in Miami (which is the plan if the big plan in Miami falls through) may have to be put on hold.
Amare Stoudemire may not be a free agent after all. Maybe. Even if the smart money is still on him testing the market.
Stoudemire met with Suns owner Robert Sarver and Coach Alvin Gentry Tuesday in Los Angeles, a meeting that went on for three hours. Now another meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Apparently they found something to talk about. So maybe there is hope Stoudemire remains in Phoenix.
Stoudemire has yet to opt out of his $17.6 million deal for next year. He will, he is not keeping that unless he can reach a deal to extend that contract for several years. Which certainly came up in Tuesday’s meeting. But it could take a while to get together.
Look for Stoudemire to opt out, but to keep talking to the Suns. And anyone else interested. But if he’s going to opt out he has only until 9 p.m. Wednesday. Which is a deadline fast approaching.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6