Jun 30, 2010, 8:15 AM EDT
That whole plan to pair Amare Stoudemire with Dwyane Wade in Miami (which is the plan if the big plan in Miami falls through) may have to be put on hold.
Amare Stoudemire may not be a free agent after all. Maybe. Even if the smart money is still on him testing the market.
Stoudemire met with Suns owner Robert Sarver and Coach Alvin Gentry Tuesday in Los Angeles, a meeting that went on for three hours. Now another meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, according to Yahoo’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Apparently they found something to talk about. So maybe there is hope Stoudemire remains in Phoenix.
Stoudemire has yet to opt out of his $17.6 million deal for next year. He will, he is not keeping that unless he can reach a deal to extend that contract for several years. Which certainly came up in Tuesday’s meeting. But it could take a while to get together.
Look for Stoudemire to opt out, but to keep talking to the Suns. And anyone else interested. But if he’s going to opt out he has only until 9 p.m. Wednesday. Which is a deadline fast approaching.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29