Jun 30, 2010, 6:52 PM EST
Qualifying offers keep rolling in as the deadline approaches.
Not surprises, but offers as teams make sure they have a chance to hang on to the players they like. The offers make players restricted free agents, meaning the team can match any offers that come in.
For Memphis, that means extending a qualifying offer Rudy Gay. The dynamic and potential All-Star small forward has a lot of admirers around the league. Memphis has said they will match any offers, but that will be put to the test when someone seriously overpays for Gay.
As expected, Golden State extended qualifying offers to Anthony Morrow and C.J. Watson. As we said before, Golden State had to do this, and if they don’t match any offer that comes in for Morrow they are fools.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 6
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 8
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 17
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)