Jun 30, 2010, 6:52 PM EDT
Qualifying offers keep rolling in as the deadline approaches.
Not surprises, but offers as teams make sure they have a chance to hang on to the players they like. The offers make players restricted free agents, meaning the team can match any offers that come in.
For Memphis, that means extending a qualifying offer Rudy Gay. The dynamic and potential All-Star small forward has a lot of admirers around the league. Memphis has said they will match any offers, but that will be put to the test when someone seriously overpays for Gay.
As expected, Golden State extended qualifying offers to Anthony Morrow and C.J. Watson. As we said before, Golden State had to do this, and if they don’t match any offer that comes in for Morrow they are fools.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 0
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 12
- PBT Extra: Talking Andrew Bynum’s arrival, Trail Blazers’ stumble 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant has “no interest” in playing for Mike D’Antoni next season 38
- Kobe expects to be old self again next season, expects Lakers’ front office to fix team fast 31