Jun 30, 2010, 6:52 PM EST
Qualifying offers keep rolling in as the deadline approaches.
Not surprises, but offers as teams make sure they have a chance to hang on to the players they like. The offers make players restricted free agents, meaning the team can match any offers that come in.
For Memphis, that means extending a qualifying offer Rudy Gay. The dynamic and potential All-Star small forward has a lot of admirers around the league. Memphis has said they will match any offers, but that will be put to the test when someone seriously overpays for Gay.
As expected, Golden State extended qualifying offers to Anthony Morrow and C.J. Watson. As we said before, Golden State had to do this, and if they don’t match any offer that comes in for Morrow they are fools.
- Report: Celtics and Mavericks nearing agreement on Rajon Rondo trade 0
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 6
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25