Jun 30, 2010, 6:52 PM EDT
Qualifying offers keep rolling in as the deadline approaches.
Not surprises, but offers as teams make sure they have a chance to hang on to the players they like. The offers make players restricted free agents, meaning the team can match any offers that come in.
For Memphis, that means extending a qualifying offer Rudy Gay. The dynamic and potential All-Star small forward has a lot of admirers around the league. Memphis has said they will match any offers, but that will be put to the test when someone seriously overpays for Gay.
As expected, Golden State extended qualifying offers to Anthony Morrow and C.J. Watson. As we said before, Golden State had to do this, and if they don’t match any offer that comes in for Morrow they are fools.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 0
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20