Jun 30, 2010, 6:52 PM EST
Qualifying offers keep rolling in as the deadline approaches.
Not surprises, but offers as teams make sure they have a chance to hang on to the players they like. The offers make players restricted free agents, meaning the team can match any offers that come in.
For Memphis, that means extending a qualifying offer Rudy Gay. The dynamic and potential All-Star small forward has a lot of admirers around the league. Memphis has said they will match any offers, but that will be put to the test when someone seriously overpays for Gay.
As expected, Golden State extended qualifying offers to Anthony Morrow and C.J. Watson. As we said before, Golden State had to do this, and if they don’t match any offer that comes in for Morrow they are fools.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13