Jun 30, 2010, 6:52 PM EDT
Qualifying offers keep rolling in as the deadline approaches.
Not surprises, but offers as teams make sure they have a chance to hang on to the players they like. The offers make players restricted free agents, meaning the team can match any offers that come in.
For Memphis, that means extending a qualifying offer Rudy Gay. The dynamic and potential All-Star small forward has a lot of admirers around the league. Memphis has said they will match any offers, but that will be put to the test when someone seriously overpays for Gay.
As expected, Golden State extended qualifying offers to Anthony Morrow and C.J. Watson. As we said before, Golden State had to do this, and if they don’t match any offer that comes in for Morrow they are fools.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2