Jun 30, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
According to Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Cleveland Cavaliers have given a qualifying offer to free agent forward Jawad Williams, making him a restricted free agent.
Williams started the season as a benchwarmer for the Cavaliers, but eventually worked his way into the rotation, and even started six games for the Cavaliers. Williams was named the Ohio player of the year while playing for St. Edward high school, and started for the 2005 North Carolina team that won the NCAA Tournament.
Williams was a fairly reliable bench option for the Cavaliers, and is probably worth keeping for a low enough price. One thing’s for sure: with LeBron James becoming a free agent in approximately six hours, the Cavaliers have bigger things on their mind right now than retaining Jawad Williams.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 21
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 18
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld