Jun 29, 2010, 3:08 PM EST
Need a good laugh in the middle of the day? We’re here to help. Read on.
The Knicks are targeting Joe Johnson as their No. 1 free agent choice and believe he’s a better fit for the team than LeBron James, according to an NBA source with knowledge of the team’s plans.
“Yes, we think he’s a better player,” the source said of Johnson. “He makes other people better. With LeBron’s people running the locker room that hurts the organization.”
This is from SNY.tv. Not The Onion, but an actual news source.
Funny stuff. Funny sad for Knicks fans because their management clearly already is in spin mode as they know they will not be getting LeBron. So they are trying to pump up the fan base about option number two. Who is a huge drop off from option No. 1. And it’s not like they are likely to get Johnson, either.
Joe Johnson is going to get overpaid with a max or near max deal from someone. But it’s not the first two years of that deal that would be an issue (he’s a good player), it would be the last two of a five-year deal some team will regret.
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 2
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10