Jun 29, 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
Need a good laugh in the middle of the day? We’re here to help. Read on.
The Knicks are targeting Joe Johnson as their No. 1 free agent choice and believe he’s a better fit for the team than LeBron James, according to an NBA source with knowledge of the team’s plans.
“Yes, we think he’s a better player,” the source said of Johnson. “He makes other people better. With LeBron’s people running the locker room that hurts the organization.”
This is from SNY.tv. Not The Onion, but an actual news source.
Funny stuff. Funny sad for Knicks fans because their management clearly already is in spin mode as they know they will not be getting LeBron. So they are trying to pump up the fan base about option number two. Who is a huge drop off from option No. 1. And it’s not like they are likely to get Johnson, either.
Joe Johnson is going to get overpaid with a max or near max deal from someone. But it’s not the first two years of that deal that would be an issue (he’s a good player), it would be the last two of a five-year deal some team will regret.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11