Jun 28, 2010, 1:58 PM EDT
At one point last season, Warriors coach Don Nelson publicly said he might coach the team’s Summer League entry in Las Vegas.
But when the league starts in two weeks, Nelson will be in Maui, according to the Oakland Tribune. Assistant coach Keith Smart will run the show.
The main reason for no Nelson? No Stephen Curry. The young star point guard will workout with the team some but will not play games. Same with Anthony Randolph.
The Warriors will still have plenty of young fire power in Sin City. Brandan Wright will anchor the front line and swingman Reggie Williams will play, as will No. 6 pick Ekpe Udoh.
Summer League play starts July 9 at the Thomas and Mack Center, just a mile off the strip in Vegas.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11