Jun 28, 2010, 9:33 AM EDT
Chris Bosh is not just LeBron James’ lap dog, going wherever he goes and doing whatever he says. No sir.
Chris Bosh is his own man. And would go to Miami to be with Dwyane Wade to prove it, so he tells the Miami Herald.
“Miami is in top contention,” Bosh said during a quiet moment at DJ Irie’s charity golf tournament in Miami Beach. “With the money they have, the cap space they have, the rights on Dwyane [Wade], him possibly staying. And just having a good organization; they are known as a first-class organization. Dwyane is going to be one of the greatest players in the history of the game when it’s said and done.”
LeBron is the big dog this summer, but Bosh may hold the key to titles and everyone knows it. Wade and James both have tried to win largely on their own for the last couple years, and fell short. They see Kobe getting rings with Pau Gasol and realize they need another stud, one in the paint. And Shaq ain’t it anymore.
Wade could really use him. LeBron may need him. The Knicks could rebuild with him as the man.
And Bosh is sitting there with demand and options. Which is a pretty good place to be.
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 17
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 12
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 31
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 13
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 20
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (104)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead