Jun 28, 2010, 9:33 AM EST
Chris Bosh is not just LeBron James’ lap dog, going wherever he goes and doing whatever he says. No sir.
Chris Bosh is his own man. And would go to Miami to be with Dwyane Wade to prove it, so he tells the Miami Herald.
“Miami is in top contention,” Bosh said during a quiet moment at DJ Irie’s charity golf tournament in Miami Beach. “With the money they have, the cap space they have, the rights on Dwyane [Wade], him possibly staying. And just having a good organization; they are known as a first-class organization. Dwyane is going to be one of the greatest players in the history of the game when it’s said and done.”
LeBron is the big dog this summer, but Bosh may hold the key to titles and everyone knows it. Wade and James both have tried to win largely on their own for the last couple years, and fell short. They see Kobe getting rings with Pau Gasol and realize they need another stud, one in the paint. And Shaq ain’t it anymore.
Wade could really use him. LeBron may need him. The Knicks could rebuild with him as the man.
And Bosh is sitting there with demand and options. Which is a pretty good place to be.
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 0
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 17
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 8
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15