Jun 28, 2010, 9:33 AM EDT
Chris Bosh is not just LeBron James’ lap dog, going wherever he goes and doing whatever he says. No sir.
Chris Bosh is his own man. And would go to Miami to be with Dwyane Wade to prove it, so he tells the Miami Herald.
“Miami is in top contention,” Bosh said during a quiet moment at DJ Irie’s charity golf tournament in Miami Beach. “With the money they have, the cap space they have, the rights on Dwyane [Wade], him possibly staying. And just having a good organization; they are known as a first-class organization. Dwyane is going to be one of the greatest players in the history of the game when it’s said and done.”
LeBron is the big dog this summer, but Bosh may hold the key to titles and everyone knows it. Wade and James both have tried to win largely on their own for the last couple years, and fell short. They see Kobe getting rings with Pau Gasol and realize they need another stud, one in the paint. And Shaq ain’t it anymore.
Wade could really use him. LeBron may need him. The Knicks could rebuild with him as the man.
And Bosh is sitting there with demand and options. Which is a pretty good place to be.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4