Jun 28, 2010, 8:07 PM EST
It’s far from surprising news, but Chris Bosh’s free agency has now become official. After missing the playoffs with the Toronto Raptors last season, forward Chris Bosh has decided to opt out of his contract, making him an unrestricted free agent on July 1st.
Raptors GM Brian Coangelo sat down for an interview with Toronto’s Fan 590 on Monday. During the interview, Colangelo revealed that Bosh has officially opted out of his contract. Colangelo then went on to say that he feels it is “likely” that Bosh will leave. Colangelo gave the impression that the Raptors are now hoping to lose Bosh in a sign-and-trade rather than free agency, but sounded less than confident that the Raptors will be able to do even that. At one point, a frustrated Colangelo revealed that he has had a difficult time even making contact with Bosh this off-season.
Bosh’s departure from Toronto is all but a foregone conclusion at this point; even so, it’s interesting to hear the general manager of his former team all but admit that his team’s best player will not be returning next season. To listen to the full interview, which includes Colangelo giving his thoughts on possible tampering and what the team plans to do with Hedo Turkoglu, click the link.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 5
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 7
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 19
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld