Jun 28, 2010, 8:07 PM EDT
It’s far from surprising news, but Chris Bosh’s free agency has now become official. After missing the playoffs with the Toronto Raptors last season, forward Chris Bosh has decided to opt out of his contract, making him an unrestricted free agent on July 1st.
Raptors GM Brian Coangelo sat down for an interview with Toronto’s Fan 590 on Monday. During the interview, Colangelo revealed that Bosh has officially opted out of his contract. Colangelo then went on to say that he feels it is “likely” that Bosh will leave. Colangelo gave the impression that the Raptors are now hoping to lose Bosh in a sign-and-trade rather than free agency, but sounded less than confident that the Raptors will be able to do even that. At one point, a frustrated Colangelo revealed that he has had a difficult time even making contact with Bosh this off-season.
Bosh’s departure from Toronto is all but a foregone conclusion at this point; even so, it’s interesting to hear the general manager of his former team all but admit that his team’s best player will not be returning next season. To listen to the full interview, which includes Colangelo giving his thoughts on possible tampering and what the team plans to do with Hedo Turkoglu, click the link.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 2
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 47
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld