Jun 28, 2010, 8:07 PM EDT
It’s far from surprising news, but Chris Bosh’s free agency has now become official. After missing the playoffs with the Toronto Raptors last season, forward Chris Bosh has decided to opt out of his contract, making him an unrestricted free agent on July 1st.
Raptors GM Brian Coangelo sat down for an interview with Toronto’s Fan 590 on Monday. During the interview, Colangelo revealed that Bosh has officially opted out of his contract. Colangelo then went on to say that he feels it is “likely” that Bosh will leave. Colangelo gave the impression that the Raptors are now hoping to lose Bosh in a sign-and-trade rather than free agency, but sounded less than confident that the Raptors will be able to do even that. At one point, a frustrated Colangelo revealed that he has had a difficult time even making contact with Bosh this off-season.
Bosh’s departure from Toronto is all but a foregone conclusion at this point; even so, it’s interesting to hear the general manager of his former team all but admit that his team’s best player will not be returning next season. To listen to the full interview, which includes Colangelo giving his thoughts on possible tampering and what the team plans to do with Hedo Turkoglu, click the link.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 37
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld