Jun 27, 2010, 3:00 PM EST
You watched the draft day moves by the Chicago Bulls, saw they freed up almost enough room for two max guys to go along side Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, and you thought, “That is where LeBron is going to go.”
You are not alone.
According to one NBA executive who spoke with the New York Times, LeBron is ChiTown bound.
The executive, who did not want to be identified discussing a player who is not yet a free agent, said he had gathered from discussions with his fellow N.B.A. executives that James was strongly leaning toward joining the Bulls in tandem with another free agent, Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors.
“I think it’s a done deal,” the executive said….
But their proposals will be without the flair and drama of a free-agent tour, because James has decided to have everyone come to him. Various teams, like the Knicks, had lined up chefs and celebrities to help attract James, but with the meetings in Ohio, the discussion will be about rosters, not restaurants.
“He is going to make a basketball decision, so all that is unnecessary,” the executive said. “He just saved a lot of people a lot of money.”
What we’ve learned: That NBA executives are thinking just like you. But until we get real word from LeBron and his inner circle, we don’t know.
Still, I’d rather be Chicago than just about any other team right now. Even Cleveland.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11