It's not just you, NBA executives think LeBron will be a Bull, too.

Jun 27, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT

Thumbnail image for James_interview.jpgYou watched the draft day moves by the Chicago Bulls, saw they freed up almost enough room for two max guys to go along side Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah, and you thought, “That is where LeBron is going to go.”

You are not alone.

According to one NBA executive who spoke with the New York Times, LeBron is ChiTown bound.

The executive, who did not want to be identified discussing a player who is not yet a free agent, said he had gathered from discussions with his fellow N.B.A. executives that James was strongly leaning toward joining the Bulls in tandem with another free agent, Chris Bosh of the Toronto Raptors.

“I think it’s a done deal,” the executive said….

But their proposals will be without the flair and drama of a free-agent tour, because James has decided to have everyone come to him. Various teams, like the Knicks, had lined up chefs and celebrities to help attract James, but with the meetings in Ohio, the discussion will be about rosters, not restaurants.

“He is going to make a basketball decision, so all that is unnecessary,” the executive said. “He just saved a lot of people a lot of money.”

What we’ve learned: That NBA executives are thinking just like you. But until we get real word from LeBron and his inner circle, we don’t know.

Still, I’d rather be Chicago than just about any other team right now. Even Cleveland.

1. Denise - Jun 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Stay in CLEVELAND…you are no MICHAEL JORDAN!

2. Tony - Jun 27, 2010 at 9:15 PM

First of all LeBron, Bosh and Wade would be a lot stronger linup than Rose! Rose is a good player but he is not in Wade’s class! Wade is the second best player out there and may even be better than LeBron! He averaged 30 plus points against Boston and played a hell of a lot better than LeBron did! I think all this is BS anyway he will probably stay in Cleveland where he can make the most money!

3. russell - Jun 27, 2010 at 10:05 PM

iam basket ball jones! i can put a quarter on the other teams rim then dunk the ball in their basket with my tongue!from center court! and leave 15 cents change!!Iam bad iam fast I GOT MORE MOVES THAN EXLAX CAUSE IAM THE BASKETBALL JONES OOOOOOOOH OOOOH!!.

4. luffy - Jun 27, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Nobody in LA wants Bosh in the house, they already have snoop dogg in LA and don’t need another one who looks like him…
    Kirk Hinrich however would be a fine addition to LA. If that happens I’m guessing it’s not gonna be a 3peat but a 4peat for the Lakers…
    Going back, I think going to Chicago would be the best decision for LBJ if he wants a ring but I disagree with getting Chris Bosh, Bulls should just get Joe Johnson or Amare instead of Bosh…
    Rose
    Johnson
    LBJ
    Gibson/Deng
    Noah
    Wicked line-up…

5. Chicagofan4ever - Jun 27, 2010 at 10:33 PM

The bottom line is Chicago has the supporting cast, the available Salary Cap Space, the History, it is a GREAT TOWN, the supporting cast along with Bosh are about LeBron’s age, which is young. Lakers are getting old, Phil could be leaving and they can not fit him in anyway and Jerry Buss is not payng a Luxary Tax when he just won 2 years in a row without doing so.

6. Kris Johnson - Jun 27, 2010 at 10:36 PM

The point of winning is building a team and playing with your teammates, improving, and growing together. Having a team put 5 players who are the best and another five players who are of lesser talent on another team is the equivalent of cheating. I would never enjoy having the deck stacked so that I could win. It makes me wonder about the character of a player who must be given a stacked deck in order to win. I would rather be on the other team and beating the chosen winners. The lakers did this with Shaq and Payton, it got them nowhere. I hope LBJ suffers as a loser his entire career. Buying a championship is like having your mother set you up for a date. Did you earn it or was it given to you? The Cavaliers mortgaged their future to give LBJ the players he wanted. Now they lost their draft pick and will lose their marquee player as well. They are stuck with Jamison’s contract. He destroyed his old team. A true competitor would not walk out on a team that did everything possible to surround him with what he said he needed to win. Then he went out and did not get the job done. He is the loser.

7. Dave / NM - Jun 27, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I believe LeBron will go to the Windy City, but I think it’s a bad move. http://www.GreenHornetPilotCars.com

8. Chicagofan4ever - Jun 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM

LeBron gave them 7 Years to build a Championship Caliber Team. Yes they have some nice Role Players, but he never got another legitimate STAR and that is what it has taken to to win in the NBA for ages.
    Kobe & Gasol
    Kobe and Shaq
    Garnett and Pierce
    Duncan and Parker
    Wade and Shaq
    Duncan and Robinson
    Akeem and Drexler
    Bird and McHale
    Keremm and Magic
    Kareem and The Big O
    Need I go any further!

9. Gary - Jun 27, 2010 at 11:13 PM

YEA! Right! Did everybody forget that when Boston had the big three, they also had 2-3 bench players who helped them win championship. To give Bosh max contract, they will need to do a sign and trade with Toronto and/or Cleveland to give LeBron a max contract as well. So they got rid of Kurt and will unload Deng and maybe Taj Gibson or someone else. So who is left? Brad Miller? While Chicago may well have the best five if they pull this off, who will come off the bench? Are LeBron, Rose, Bosh, and Noah going to play 45 minutes per game? Remember, you gotta have a bit of a bench to win championships.

10. Runningamuck - Jun 27, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Spot on Kris… allegiance and integrity first.
    Players have forgotten this…it’s, show me the $ !

11. Chicagofan4ever - Jun 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Actually, they can get rid of James Johnson, their 1st Round Pick of last year and free up another 3 Mil. That would do it.

12. Eman - Jun 27, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I hope not the Clips………

13. pjoe - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Lebron can play on the Memphis Grizzlies and still be the league’s star. It’s not where he plays that will make him great. He’s obtained greatness already. It’s where he will win championships that will make him happy. Find a place you have enjoyed when visiting Lebron, and make sure they have good management and good teammates that you respect. If that’s in Cleveland, stay. If not, move on.

14. Big D - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:25 AM

LeBron – if you want your first ring and more to follow then Los Angeles is your town – and I don’t mean the Clippers. You and Kobe can rewrite the the championship record book….

15. Tom Da Bomb - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:33 AM

I dont care what anyone says, F all this hoopla…Lebron ain’t going anywhere. He is gonna sit his ass down in Cleveland and earn more money than any 1 man should. PLain and simple. Sorry to ruin the excitement.

16. Ryan - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Ignorant comment Matt I’m afraid you don’t know anything about our loyal fans in Cleveland we have a better fan community for the Cavaliers then you’ll ever know. That’s just very degrading for you to say such a thing. Get your garbage comments off of here comment on what the execs said this isn’t a bash Cleveland type of deal it’s not the Cavaliers fault they didn’t win a championship this year Lebron was just not as focused as Kobe was seeing Delonte was banging his Mother prior to the game. I bet if your team mate who is probably the same age or younger had his ding dong in your mother you would be a little unfocused wouldn’t you? the only real solution us to cut ties with West and get Lebron an assistant from L.A to come coach Cleveland.

17. LakersFan - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Ball Hogg? Some of the NBA fans make wonder w$%$% f$#$#k. Bryant is the reason (little in some and more in others) Lakers got last 5 banners.
    Go figure!
    No one will remember him as a ‘Ball Hogg’ he will be remembered by “Black Mamba”, who has 5 rings now and have a very good possibility of getting few more.

18. sanclementejedi - Jun 28, 2010 at 2:33 AM

I hope Lebron goes to the Clippers so he can get hurt. Also whenever I see Kobe I think about how he raped that chick and then paid her to go away.

19. OKN - Jun 28, 2010 at 3:05 AM

if Lebron wants to be a true legend on a class team, he should sign with the Celtics and stop fooling around. Let’s face it, the Lakers and the Celtics are the only teams we all care about…lol.

20. Gato - Jun 28, 2010 at 8:36 AM

What’s in Cleveland ,anyway that would make anybody go there?

21. ct23089519 - Jun 28, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I’m die hard laker fan. But, whether you all like it or not, LBJ is heading to Chicago and that’s the reason why Phil Jackson is going to call it quits with the Lakers so he can go back where it all started for him. Few more rings for him and LBJ won’t hurt his carrier. hehehe!!

22. Anonymous - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:34 PM

You will when your loser Celtics get the beating they have coming from a Lebron James led team that does not choke.

23. Jimee Johnson - Jun 28, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Kobe envy is like penis envy: either you got one or you don’t. Those who deride Kobe have very small penises and are, in fact, losers! I’m not even a Laker fan but I’ve seen the best over the past 40 years and can assure you that Kobe is, indeed, one of the best. If you don’t know that you are a penis!

24. sven golly - Jun 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM

I am a cavaliers fan and a cleveland resident. I am sick of this crybaby and his antics. I would rather keep losing than put up with this piece of D#$g. He is pathetic.
    Beat it James! We don’t need or want you!
    I am still wondering on the whol “King James” thing.
    What has he done but choked? He plays when he wants to and does not when he does not. Then he blames others for his mistakes.
    Typical punk A$$ attitude. like I said, I would rather keep losing than have to kiss booty to this fool.

25. connie hawkins - Jun 28, 2010 at 3:59 PM

LeBron is going to the Seattle Sonics in a time machine. He’s gonna play with Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton. MJ will also head back in time to join this team. Go Sonics!

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches