Jun 26, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
The one thing with professional athletes: They’re always saying the right things.
“I’m looking for a winner,” confirms the 6-foot-8 swingman, who averaged
10.9 points and 6.2 rebounds in 54 games last season. “The last couple
of years have taken a toll on me, as far as not being in the playoffs
and not playing this time of year. So I’m looking to change that. This
time, if it doesn’t work out, there’s no one to blame but myself.”
Miller is going to draw suitors if that’s his thinking, especially if he’s willing to take the paycut necessary to squeeze in. NBA Roundtable wonders if Miller’s willingness to play for lottery squads may lead to him settling. But mostly Miller hasn’t been a malcontent. That’s a good thing.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 16
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16