Jun 26, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
The one thing with professional athletes: They’re always saying the right things.
“I’m looking for a winner,” confirms the 6-foot-8 swingman, who averaged
10.9 points and 6.2 rebounds in 54 games last season. “The last couple
of years have taken a toll on me, as far as not being in the playoffs
and not playing this time of year. So I’m looking to change that. This
time, if it doesn’t work out, there’s no one to blame but myself.”
Miller is going to draw suitors if that’s his thinking, especially if he’s willing to take the paycut necessary to squeeze in. NBA Roundtable wonders if Miller’s willingness to play for lottery squads may lead to him settling. But mostly Miller hasn’t been a malcontent. That’s a good thing.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 0
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8