Jun 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The New York Daily News reports that the Knicks will meet with LeBron James on July 1st, the same day the New Jersey/soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets are scheduled to meet with James. The Nets will meet with James first, sending Jay-Z and owner Mikhail Prokhorov. The Knicks will send GM Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Knicks offer is likely to be centered around D’Antoni’s system and his ability to win games with the outright offensive style. It’s not known how the King’s going to take that after being eliminated by defensive squads and coming from a team that succeeded on account of defense.
Meeting in Akron, they won’t be able to show James the glitz and glamor of New York either. The Knicks seem set up to come in second, again.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9