Jun 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The New York Daily News reports that the Knicks will meet with LeBron James on July 1st, the same day the New Jersey/soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets are scheduled to meet with James. The Nets will meet with James first, sending Jay-Z and owner Mikhail Prokhorov. The Knicks will send GM Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Knicks offer is likely to be centered around D’Antoni’s system and his ability to win games with the outright offensive style. It’s not known how the King’s going to take that after being eliminated by defensive squads and coming from a team that succeeded on account of defense.
Meeting in Akron, they won’t be able to show James the glitz and glamor of New York either. The Knicks seem set up to come in second, again.
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 14
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 51
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 23