Jun 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The New York Daily News reports that the Knicks will meet with LeBron James on July 1st, the same day the New Jersey/soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets are scheduled to meet with James. The Nets will meet with James first, sending Jay-Z and owner Mikhail Prokhorov. The Knicks will send GM Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Knicks offer is likely to be centered around D’Antoni’s system and his ability to win games with the outright offensive style. It’s not known how the King’s going to take that after being eliminated by defensive squads and coming from a team that succeeded on account of defense.
Meeting in Akron, they won’t be able to show James the glitz and glamor of New York either. The Knicks seem set up to come in second, again.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7