Jun 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The New York Daily News reports that the Knicks will meet with LeBron James on July 1st, the same day the New Jersey/soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets are scheduled to meet with James. The Nets will meet with James first, sending Jay-Z and owner Mikhail Prokhorov. The Knicks will send GM Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Knicks offer is likely to be centered around D’Antoni’s system and his ability to win games with the outright offensive style. It’s not known how the King’s going to take that after being eliminated by defensive squads and coming from a team that succeeded on account of defense.
Meeting in Akron, they won’t be able to show James the glitz and glamor of New York either. The Knicks seem set up to come in second, again.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 34
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38