Jun 26, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
The New York Daily News reports that the Knicks will meet with LeBron James on July 1st, the same day the New Jersey/soon-to-be Brooklyn Nets are scheduled to meet with James. The Nets will meet with James first, sending Jay-Z and owner Mikhail Prokhorov. The Knicks will send GM Donnie Walsh and head coach Mike D’Antoni.
The Knicks offer is likely to be centered around D’Antoni’s system and his ability to win games with the outright offensive style. It’s not known how the King’s going to take that after being eliminated by defensive squads and coming from a team that succeeded on account of defense.
Meeting in Akron, they won’t be able to show James the glitz and glamor of New York either. The Knicks seem set up to come in second, again.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20