Jun 25, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Sometimes rumors just seem true. Tell me Ke$ha is crazy enough to give bags of dog s%$# to people, and I tend to believe it. Because she may be actually crazier than most of the women I’ve dated. And that’s saying something. Trust me.
Tell me that the Heat are shopping Michael Beasley around and want just cap space in return and I believe you, because it makes sense and every GM in the land says its true.
Well, every GM except Pat Riley. He told our own Ira Winderman, at the Sun Sentinel, he is doing no such thing.
“That’s not going to happen,” Riley insisted of potentially selling Beasley off for additional cap space. “We are not that desperate for room, to trade the second pick in the draft. We want to build around him.”
Riley insisted the Beasley rumors took on a life of their own.
“As soon as that story got out,” he said, “I must have got 25 calls from people.”
That’s what you say to the press so Beasley can hear it. But 25 other teams don’t call if there’s not some fire with the smoke.
Riley also denied that he is trying to have the cap room to sign three max free agents as well. Not sure why he would deny that, because it seems a pretty smart idea. Oh, that’s right, protect Beasley’s ego in case you can’t move him. Okay then, we’ll go along. Not going to try and do that at all.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 3
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 24
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 22
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 28
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10