Jun 25, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Sometimes rumors just seem true. Tell me Ke$ha is crazy enough to give bags of dog s%$# to people, and I tend to believe it. Because she may be actually crazier than most of the women I’ve dated. And that’s saying something. Trust me.
Tell me that the Heat are shopping Michael Beasley around and want just cap space in return and I believe you, because it makes sense and every GM in the land says its true.
Well, every GM except Pat Riley. He told our own Ira Winderman, at the Sun Sentinel, he is doing no such thing.
“That’s not going to happen,” Riley insisted of potentially selling Beasley off for additional cap space. “We are not that desperate for room, to trade the second pick in the draft. We want to build around him.”
Riley insisted the Beasley rumors took on a life of their own.
“As soon as that story got out,” he said, “I must have got 25 calls from people.”
That’s what you say to the press so Beasley can hear it. But 25 other teams don’t call if there’s not some fire with the smoke.
Riley also denied that he is trying to have the cap room to sign three max free agents as well. Not sure why he would deny that, because it seems a pretty smart idea. Oh, that’s right, protect Beasley’s ego in case you can’t move him. Okay then, we’ll go along. Not going to try and do that at all.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 0
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 14
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35