Jun 25, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
And now, officially, we have heard everything.
Rumors are swirling that the Magic are looking to trade Vince Carter to clear the way for Hedo Turkoglu to return to Orlando. The Orlando Sentinel confirms this Salvador Dali painting of a rumor. Details of how it would shake out are unclear, and frankly might never get clear.
Would the Magic and General Manager Otis Smith admit that the Carter experiment did not work and try to go back to what did? Maybe. Smith is a smart GM and if he thought it work he’d seriously consider it.
Would Smith take on Turkoglu’s remaining four years, $43 million? Not bloody likely. We said he was a smart GM, didn’t we?
Still, it’s out there and the normally close-to-the-vest Smith played with the rumors, so we’re not totally ruling it out. But man, that would be weird.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13