Jun 25, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
And now, officially, we have heard everything.
Rumors are swirling that the Magic are looking to trade Vince Carter to clear the way for Hedo Turkoglu to return to Orlando. The Orlando Sentinel confirms this Salvador Dali painting of a rumor. Details of how it would shake out are unclear, and frankly might never get clear.
Would the Magic and General Manager Otis Smith admit that the Carter experiment did not work and try to go back to what did? Maybe. Smith is a smart GM and if he thought it work he’d seriously consider it.
Would Smith take on Turkoglu’s remaining four years, $43 million? Not bloody likely. We said he was a smart GM, didn’t we?
Still, it’s out there and the normally close-to-the-vest Smith played with the rumors, so we’re not totally ruling it out. But man, that would be weird.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 32
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 47
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42