Jun 25, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
And now, officially, we have heard everything.
Rumors are swirling that the Magic are looking to trade Vince Carter to clear the way for Hedo Turkoglu to return to Orlando. The Orlando Sentinel confirms this Salvador Dali painting of a rumor. Details of how it would shake out are unclear, and frankly might never get clear.
Would the Magic and General Manager Otis Smith admit that the Carter experiment did not work and try to go back to what did? Maybe. Smith is a smart GM and if he thought it work he’d seriously consider it.
Would Smith take on Turkoglu’s remaining four years, $43 million? Not bloody likely. We said he was a smart GM, didn’t we?
Still, it’s out there and the normally close-to-the-vest Smith played with the rumors, so we’re not totally ruling it out. But man, that would be weird.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 6
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18