Jun 25, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
And now, officially, we have heard everything.
Rumors are swirling that the Magic are looking to trade Vince Carter to clear the way for Hedo Turkoglu to return to Orlando. The Orlando Sentinel confirms this Salvador Dali painting of a rumor. Details of how it would shake out are unclear, and frankly might never get clear.
Would the Magic and General Manager Otis Smith admit that the Carter experiment did not work and try to go back to what did? Maybe. Smith is a smart GM and if he thought it work he’d seriously consider it.
Would Smith take on Turkoglu’s remaining four years, $43 million? Not bloody likely. We said he was a smart GM, didn’t we?
Still, it’s out there and the normally close-to-the-vest Smith played with the rumors, so we’re not totally ruling it out. But man, that would be weird.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay