Jun 25, 2010, 2:47 PM EST
And now, officially, we have heard everything.
Rumors are swirling that the Magic are looking to trade Vince Carter to clear the way for Hedo Turkoglu to return to Orlando. The Orlando Sentinel confirms this Salvador Dali painting of a rumor. Details of how it would shake out are unclear, and frankly might never get clear.
Would the Magic and General Manager Otis Smith admit that the Carter experiment did not work and try to go back to what did? Maybe. Smith is a smart GM and if he thought it work he’d seriously consider it.
Would Smith take on Turkoglu’s remaining four years, $43 million? Not bloody likely. We said he was a smart GM, didn’t we?
Still, it’s out there and the normally close-to-the-vest Smith played with the rumors, so we’re not totally ruling it out. But man, that would be weird.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14