Jun 25, 2010, 8:19 AM EDT
The exercise of grading a draft the moments after it happens are a bit of mental masturbation, fun but ultimately pointless.
But I’m all about ultimately pointless. (Not the other thing, I’m a married man. For shame.) So I graded the draft last night for NBCSports.com. Bottom line, loved what the Spurs did, thought Oklahoma City and Sacramento did well also. Missed the picture on Dallas and Portland. Not so much the picks in Portland but the bad timing for canning the GM. Classy.
Of course, the real thing to do right now would be to judge the 2008 draft, we are really now seeing the fruits of that effort. But we’re not that patient, are we.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8