Jun 25, 2010, 8:19 AM EDT
The exercise of grading a draft the moments after it happens are a bit of mental masturbation, fun but ultimately pointless.
But I’m all about ultimately pointless. (Not the other thing, I’m a married man. For shame.) So I graded the draft last night for NBCSports.com. Bottom line, loved what the Spurs did, thought Oklahoma City and Sacramento did well also. Missed the picture on Dallas and Portland. Not so much the picks in Portland but the bad timing for canning the GM. Classy.
Of course, the real thing to do right now would be to judge the 2008 draft, we are really now seeing the fruits of that effort. But we’re not that patient, are we.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23