Jun 25, 2010, 8:19 AM EDT
The exercise of grading a draft the moments after it happens are a bit of mental masturbation, fun but ultimately pointless.
But I’m all about ultimately pointless. (Not the other thing, I’m a married man. For shame.) So I graded the draft last night for NBCSports.com. Bottom line, loved what the Spurs did, thought Oklahoma City and Sacramento did well also. Missed the picture on Dallas and Portland. Not so much the picks in Portland but the bad timing for canning the GM. Classy.
Of course, the real thing to do right now would be to judge the 2008 draft, we are really now seeing the fruits of that effort. But we’re not that patient, are we.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 21
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29