Jun 25, 2010, 8:19 AM EST
The exercise of grading a draft the moments after it happens are a bit of mental masturbation, fun but ultimately pointless.
But I’m all about ultimately pointless. (Not the other thing, I’m a married man. For shame.) So I graded the draft last night for NBCSports.com. Bottom line, loved what the Spurs did, thought Oklahoma City and Sacramento did well also. Missed the picture on Dallas and Portland. Not so much the picks in Portland but the bad timing for canning the GM. Classy.
Of course, the real thing to do right now would be to judge the 2008 draft, we are really now seeing the fruits of that effort. But we’re not that patient, are we.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)