Jun 25, 2010, 5:41 PM EDT
Less than 24 hours after getting raves for picking Avery Bradley to backup Rajon Rondo, the Boston Celtics announced their new point guard is going to undergo ankle surgery.
According to Danny Ainge (as reported by Associated Press) this is a scoping of the ankle. A relatively minor procedure, but he will miss Summer League. He should be good to go by training camp.
Bradley sprained his ankle back on June 13 during workouts.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 13
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20