Jun 25, 2010, 5:41 PM EDT
Less than 24 hours after getting raves for picking Avery Bradley to backup Rajon Rondo, the Boston Celtics announced their new point guard is going to undergo ankle surgery.
According to Danny Ainge (as reported by Associated Press) this is a scoping of the ankle. A relatively minor procedure, but he will miss Summer League. He should be good to go by training camp.
Bradley sprained his ankle back on June 13 during workouts.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron his shots despite good Celtics defense 0
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 18
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 26
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 65