Jun 25, 2010, 5:41 PM EDT
Less than 24 hours after getting raves for picking Avery Bradley to backup Rajon Rondo, the Boston Celtics announced their new point guard is going to undergo ankle surgery.
According to Danny Ainge (as reported by Associated Press) this is a scoping of the ankle. A relatively minor procedure, but he will miss Summer League. He should be good to go by training camp.
Bradley sprained his ankle back on June 13 during workouts.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 0
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 7
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 13
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11