Jun 25, 2010, 6:57 PM EST
According to the twitter account of Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix, Wizards forward Andray Blatche will miss the next 8-10 weeks with a broken foot.
For the first several years of his career, the 23-year old Blatche struggled to turn his plethora of gifts into actual production. It wasn’t until after the Wizards traded Antawn Jamison this season that Blatche really came into his own, averaging over 20 points per game in February, March, and April.
Because of his incredible ability to handle the ball, makes plays off the dribble, run the floor, and shoot the ball for his size, Blatche was always one of the most fun players to watch at summer league.
The bad news is that Blatche’s injury will almost certainly keep him out of summer league play. The good news is that Blatche no longer has to perform at summer league to prove anything to the Wizards.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld