Jun 25, 2010, 6:57 PM EDT
According to the twitter account of Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix, Wizards forward Andray Blatche will miss the next 8-10 weeks with a broken foot.
For the first several years of his career, the 23-year old Blatche struggled to turn his plethora of gifts into actual production. It wasn’t until after the Wizards traded Antawn Jamison this season that Blatche really came into his own, averaging over 20 points per game in February, March, and April.
Because of his incredible ability to handle the ball, makes plays off the dribble, run the floor, and shoot the ball for his size, Blatche was always one of the most fun players to watch at summer league.
The bad news is that Blatche’s injury will almost certainly keep him out of summer league play. The good news is that Blatche no longer has to perform at summer league to prove anything to the Wizards.
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 15
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 18
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld