Jun 25, 2010, 6:57 PM EST
According to the twitter account of Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix, Wizards forward Andray Blatche will miss the next 8-10 weeks with a broken foot.
For the first several years of his career, the 23-year old Blatche struggled to turn his plethora of gifts into actual production. It wasn’t until after the Wizards traded Antawn Jamison this season that Blatche really came into his own, averaging over 20 points per game in February, March, and April.
Because of his incredible ability to handle the ball, makes plays off the dribble, run the floor, and shoot the ball for his size, Blatche was always one of the most fun players to watch at summer league.
The bad news is that Blatche’s injury will almost certainly keep him out of summer league play. The good news is that Blatche no longer has to perform at summer league to prove anything to the Wizards.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld