Jun 24, 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
As Mick Jagger said: Chris Bosh is not waiting on a lady, he’s just waiting on LeBron. (Well, he said something like that, it was a long time ago and I was pretty stoned last time I heard that song.)
Chris Bosh admitted on ESPN radio this morning what we all knew already: LeBron eats first at the free agent table. Then others can have the leftovers. (Thanks to the Contra Costa Times for transcribing.)
“Am I waiting on LeBron? Pretty much,” Bosh said. “I think everyone has to. I have to as well.”
“He’s a great player and I would be crazy to think that all the teams that are considering him, they would talk to somebody else first,” Bosh said. “I think everybody is going to be going at him first.
“They’ll probably call him at 12:01,” Bosh added. “Hopefully they’ll call me at 12:02.”
If LeBron and Dwyane Wade stay home, that is when things get interesting for Bosh. Does he see if Cleveland can work a sign-and-trade to pair him with LeBron? Or do the same thing with Wade in Miami? Or be his own man and pair up with Derrick Rose in Chicago? Bosh instantly makes any of those teams a serious threat. And he could be the one that shifts the balance of power this summer.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35