Chris Bosh says he is waiting on LeBron. Aren't we all?

Jun 24, 2010, 3:08 PM EST

nba_bosh1.jpgAs Mick Jagger said: Chris Bosh is not waiting on a lady, he’s just waiting on LeBron. (Well, he said something like that, it was a long time ago and I was pretty stoned last time I heard that song.)

Chris Bosh admitted on ESPN radio this morning what we all knew already: LeBron eats first at the free agent table. Then others can have the leftovers. (Thanks to the Contra Costa Times for transcribing.)

“Am I waiting on LeBron? Pretty much,” Bosh said. “I think everyone has to. I have to as well.”

“He’s a great player and I would be crazy to think that all the teams that are considering him, they would talk to somebody else first,” Bosh said. “I think everybody is going to be going at him first.

“They’ll probably call him at 12:01,” Bosh added. “Hopefully they’ll call me at 12:02.”

If LeBron and Dwyane Wade stay home, that is when things get interesting for Bosh. Does he see if Cleveland can work a sign-and-trade to pair him with LeBron? Or do the same thing with Wade in Miami? Or be his own man and pair up with Derrick Rose in Chicago? Bosh instantly makes any of those teams a serious threat. And he could be the one that shifts the balance of power this summer.

1. Greg - Jun 24, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I love your stuff, Kurt, but it would be a good idea to leave the drug references out.

2. Gil - Jun 24, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Leave the drug references in…as a matter of fact. Make everything a drug reference. Have you ever seen LeBron…on weed?

3. the_great_19@hotmail.com - Jun 24, 2010 at 4:27 PM

shut the hell up greg, why dont you leave you’re retarded opinions to yourself…………..DRUGSSSSSSDRUGSSSSSSDRUGSSSSS greg you loser

4. Yikes - Jun 24, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Marijuana far less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes…
    Just saying.

5. Chris Simoneau - Jun 24, 2010 at 6:45 PM

I swear, I think the Celtics are a sleeper here. They can resign Paul and Ray to a combined 20mil, instead of the 40 they were hitting the cap with. Rasheed is retiring. Injury retirement, another 6 mil off the books. That alone allows room to add a max contract and fill in around it. I think the Celtics are serious sleepers in ALL these free agents. Another one- Dirk Nowitski. Sounds crazy. Danny wants to win another title because this group can, but they need to add a scorer. The only reason Boston lost to LA was shooting, and it was obvious. Nowitski fits that need, plus brings needed size.Look out for Boston. They also have the “Rondo is 23 years old” factor, so it isnt like the Celtics are going to fall apart anytime soon.

6. joe contreras - Jun 24, 2010 at 7:31 PM

i think chris bosh should go to the LA LAKERS n team up with kobe they could win another championship wit bosh

7. Anonymous - Jun 24, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Notice gregs post was at 4:20

8. Kurt - Jun 25, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Please leave the drug references out…they offend me. Thanks.

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches