Jun 24, 2010, 5:42 PM EST
Luol Deng can be yours, if the price is right.
The Bulls have already cleared out a lot of cap space if the Kirk Hinrich trade goes through (meaning unless Washington sobers up) but they would still like to move Deng and are shopping him around.
One rumor now in few places was Deng going to the Orlando Magic for Martin Gortat and Mikhail Petrius.
This deal may not be likely. You can be sure the Bulls would take that deal in a second. You get the feeling right now they’d trade Deng for one of the kids with the mops who runs out during games to wipe up sweat. Anything to get out from under that deal.
For the Magic, it’s about finding a way to win a title. Does Deng give you that? Well, if Stan Van Gundy has a magical elixir that gets Deng to play up to his potential, with real energy, every night, then yes. But if you don’t believe in magical potions, this trade is sort of a wash in talent.
And the Magic are locked in to Deng for a four years at $51 million. So it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 8
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)